bex0409

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes we have one.

I only use mine during coat blowing.

DOnt use it on wet fur

and be careful as it can harm the guard hairs.

I use a mikki anti tangle rake when I dont use the furminator.

Both are useful.

yes we have one.

I only use mine during coat blowing.

DOnt use it on wet fur

and be careful as it can harm the guard hairs.

I use a mikki anti tangle rake when I dont use the furminator.

Both are useful.

hes just started this week shedding loadz of hair i thought it would of started in a few more months yet, thanks for the advice.

Amazon.com had the cheapest price on them when I bought mine. No tax and free shipping and handling. They have improved it since I bought mine, but I do recommend it. I have learned just to sort of hold it loosely and flick it over the hair without any pressure and it works great!!

We have one, or did. May have tossed it. On Zoya, the Furminator clipped her guard hairs too much, breaking the ends. That would cause a tug on her hair, which she did not like. We now use a rake. Does a much better job and does no damage. With some, the Furminator works great, for some - not so great.

Sent from my HTC Desire using forumrunner.

We have one, or did. May have tossed it. On Zoya, the Furminator clipped her guard hairs too much, breaking the ends. That would cause a tug on her hair, which she did not like. We now use a rake. Does a much better job and does no damage. With some, the Furminator works great, for some - not so great.

Sent from my HTC Desire using forumrunner.

the thing is with diesel is he's a wooly husky he has really long guard hairs so I don't know whether this would work for him :/ I mite just get one to try and if not try a rake where do you get those from?

the thing is with diesel is he's a wooly husky he has really long guard hairs so I don't know whether this would work for him :/ I mite just get one to try and if not try a rake where do you get those from?

You can buy them from Pets At Home or order them on Amazon. I think the cost if the same either way after PP.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mikki-Undercoat-Double-Thick-Coats/dp/B003XLEFT0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327856426&sr=8-1

I use the rake too, cant fault it!

if I pull thru his fur a big clump comes out, but he has long guard hairs he's a wooly type sum of his guard hair is like 2-3 inches long.

aha hes tufting yup coat blow!

id be even more careful with the furminator then since he is a wooly.

We have furminators at my work and I love them! Some days get really long, so I'll whip one out and brush All The Dogs! I love using it on the GSD's, heavier-coated labs, goldens, and of course, the huskies.

Like said above, though, the dog does have to be dry, and they're not so good on wooly coats, or dogs with very long fur (like collies or samoyeds). Some undercoat rakes and the wire brushes are better for those coats.

• 3 weeks later...

We bought it and tried it once so far because Zoey is still quite small and doesn't shed a whole lot, but we want her to get used to the brush and she enjoyed it although we had her distracted with a kong full of peanut butter while we were doing the brushing. Took out some of the loose undercoat and I think as she gets older it will work really well.