Concert

Sarah

What was the first Concert you ever went to ?

What concerts have you been to?

What was the best one you've ever been to?

who would you love to see in concert?

My first concert was Take That

I've been to see Take that three times, The Who twice, Five (don't ask, had to take a friends neice), Kylie, Jason Donovan, REM.

I'd love to go and see the who again - well Pete and Roger lol, and would love to see Bon Jovi in concert as well

1st concert was Adam and the Ants..(showing my age now lol)

and i got their autographs

I have also been to..

Live aid 1985

Erasure

Madonna

Prince

The stone roses

meatloaf

wham

mcfly

ocean colur scene

the charlatans

edwin star

swng out sister

wet wet wet

bad manners

madness

blur

oasis

my chemical romance

30 seconds to mars

are just some i can remember of the top of my head

some in my youth with friends..ex husband..my children..

plus some were at glastonbury..v festival..and scooter rallys

Kind of depends what you mean by "concert" - from about 1963-67 I used to go round the local Rhythm 'n Blues circuit (Windsor Ricky Tick Club, Kingston Crawdaddy and Eel Pie Island) and see The Rolling Stones, Yardbirds, Pretty Things, Alexis Korner, Manfred Mann etc etc. more or less every week.

(@ Sarah - I also saw the Who a few times when they were based in Shepherds Bush and still calling themselves "The High Numbers")

I saw Paul Simon and Bob Dylan at Les Cousins in Greek Street, Soho in 1964/5 ish.

The first big music event I remember was The Windsor Jazz and Blues Festival in 1967. We went specifically to see Pink Floyd, but they cancelled and were replaced by Nice. I didn't actually get to see Floyd live until November 1969 at Brunel University (where I was studying Psychology). It was amazing and, at the time, the loudest thing I had ever heard - Interstellar Overdrive nearly took the roof off. I also saw Dylan at the Isle of Wight Festival in 1969, playing his first UK electric sessions with Robbie Robertson and The Band.

Best concert ever - have to choose two - both by Bruce Springsteen and the E-Street Band. The first was at The Hammersmith Odeon in November 1975 - an awesome experience; and the second at Wembley in July 1985 - equally awesome.

And yes - before anyone asks, I am indescribably ancient!!!

Mick