Your thoughts on 2

LamboLilly

for us having two dogs wasnt much different from having 1 - except they tire each other out so makes our lives easiers lol - and obv theirs twice the price n training

-3 is a little more work but i think thats just cuz skyla is a terror lol

Bings was 9 when we got blaze

blaze was about 16 - 18 months old when we got skyla

Best thing we ever did. We waited until we were 100% happy with Teeko's behaviour and aimed for him being about a year old for 2 reasons. Reason 1....We didn't want the age gap too big and we knew we were getting a puppy.

Reason 2; We want to start a family and want both dogs more or less fully grown and for us to be happy with their behaviour before this happened.

They pick up on each other's habits...good and bad!....but I would not go back! Our 2 loved each other from day one!!! I can't imagine not having the little one now but I am glad we waited until we felt Teeko was ready. (even if he did then have a month of being a little so and so after we paid the deposit! Ha!!)

I really want 2! Its great to see how they act around their own breed. I have 2 other dogs but they arent huskies. I really want to get a husky buddy for Diesel but i've told myself to wait until he's grown up so i dont end up with 2 adults without finding out what 1 adult is like :)(But im not allowed to get another until i move out anyway lol)

2 is better than 1. We have found, however, personalities need to be considered.

Sent from my HTC Desire using forumrunner.

I'm a bad influence in conversations like this...I don't have 2, I have 9! A mixture of Siberians(5) and Mal-mixes(3) with an Aussie for farm work...Let me tell you I couldn't imagine my life without a single one of them...and the dynamic between the entire group is just to die for! There isn't any way to really explain it other than it was meant to be :D

I got my first (Dakota) then waited 2 years before we got our second (Juneau)...from there it was a year before our third (Rockie) came into the pack....from there it was a bit of a break, a move into a house with acreage, dog prepping, then our 4th (Diamond) and 5th (Timber) within a year of that....our 6th (Tikaani) was two years ago, immediately after our planned Aussie came into the family, then out of circumstances Denali came into the family just months after Aspen, lastly was Riley who was found on the road looking lost and was never claimed...Mostly rescues, some planning, all happiness!

we rehomed a two year old female Saturday just gone as a play mate for our 11 month old male kai. i wasnt sure as kai was a handfull on his own towm means double trouble and double poop. but as my partner always gets his own way he persuaded me to get her. we travelled all the way to Birmingham from liverpool in hope that they got on. thankfully they did and kai has changed so much in just two days he is so more settled dont get me wrong they have had there moments playing a little to rough in the house but we woke this morning to find kai asleep on this back and kiana asleep on his stomach was the cutest thing at that moment i realised we had done the best thing for kai and for our pack i would recommend anyone with one Husky to get another but its not somethin that shud be done in haste the right mate will turn up when the time is right our princess Kaiana (as we now call her) i cannot thank the people on this site enough to be honest for helping us find kiana and making our pack complete (for now)

Thanks Guys xx

I'm a bad influence in conversations like this...I don't have 2, I have 9! A mixture of Siberians(5) and Mal-mixes(3) with an Aussie for farm work...Let me tell you I couldn't imagine my life without a single one of them...and the dynamic between the entire group is just to die for! There isn't any way to really explain it other than it was meant to be :D

I got my first (Dakota) then waited 2 years before we got our second (Juneau)...from there it was a year before our third (Rockie) came into the pack....from there it was a bit of a break, a move into a house with acreage, dog prepping, then our 4th (Diamond) and 5th (Timber) within a year of that....our 6th (Tikaani) was two years ago, immediately after our planned Aussie came into the family, then out of circumstances Denali came into the family just months after Aspen, lastly was Riley who was found on the road looking lost and was never claimed...Mostly rescues, some planning, all happiness!

I love your story and it's great that you have so many :)

We started out with one, and she was a bundle of fun, but one of those strong female alpha puppies. Once she was into a year old, we rescued our second and he was a year old. He fell in love under her terms and then 6 months later we got our third and he was a rescue at 4 months old who thought he was going to be alpha and Dakota changed all his thoughts about that! We feel two, three...do very well together providing you keep the hierarchy going and they helped tire each other out, giving you, just maybe, a little time to yourself. We now only have Kayak who is 13 and choosing not to get any more until he say's his goodbyes. We will then take a little break and we will get our next pack, this time even thinking about going up to 5! Always remember, plan only on what you can afford in Vet, food, etc.. TIME...

Well we picked up our two litter mates a couple weeks ago! They are alot of fun, But I'm sure it's going to get interesting very soon lol They do play together alot and then seem to poop out for a hour or so then back up and at it. Now to figure out how I'm going to go about training those 2 lol! Goodluck on your decision.:clap:

thanks for your reply guys we have talked alot about it and think we have agreed to wait 6 months or so as we have had our fair share of problems with lambo

a friend at work has 2 and highly recommeds another but someone else at work also breeds them and has 2 puppys ready now and this is where the idea came from she said she has a litter every year so will probably wait for the next litter

lambo adores other dogs have never had a issue with him with other dogs it just people :( and im just concered that this will rub off hence why i want to wait although i have been told that it could help haveing another to show there is nothing to be scared of?? im just not sure how that would work