Scent glands on the tail?

Suzanne

Anyone have a Sibe with a funky smell near or around the flanks or tail near the wolf spot? I have a three year old spayed female with a recessed vulva, (she was spayed before first heat and it did not "pop") and subsequent urinary tract infections. Her whole genital area is very small and she is difficult to espress (when needed). I have had dermatologists look at her skin, urine cultures, and ultrasounds, (she tends to get crystals in her urine) yet the vets here have not been able to determine the cause of this strange odor. She is permanently on Prescription Diet for her Urinary Tract health but I still do give her sardines, salmon and fresh meat, some cooked and some raw on her kibble from time to time. She is exercised daily at least three hours per day (one hour to run and play and two hour long walks), she is current on vaccines and is in generally great health except for this. She does lick her genital area often and it appears she has a vulvar discharge at times with this same smell (not very pleasant, not yeasty, just sour). I try to keep her dry and cleaned with chlorahexadine wipes, in addition to medicated shampoos when I bathe her. Any suggestions or experience with this would be helpful!! Thanks!