3 huskies???

Maralrez

Although I don't have any advice, I can sympathize. We recently added Grace last year after the loss of our dear Alice the Husky, but Buddha out GSD is elderly and I feel really bad about having his last years being pestered by a puppy. Things have adjusted, but he has aged a lot over this last year. It looked so lost and lonely after Alice passed we thought it would be a good thing for him, but the energy and Alpha personality of my Grace is a little much for him. I don't regret my Gracie, but I do feel horrid for Buddha. Now, the new topic of conversation in the household is how much Grace needs a playmate, she is like an "only dog", cuz Buddha can't do much, and knowing how Huskies are, she really really needs it. The topic of a playmate, (new puppy) has been on the table, but the one thing that just keeps coming up is how can I do that again to my poor GSD, but then again it the puppy and Grace would keep each other fairly busy.

:mouthshut:Sorry to sound off on my own drama :dramaqueen:, but I do understand your feelings of guilt and heartbreak for your other dogs:cry1:. I do think though your pack will adjust to the whole thing, and I know my GSD's love for me has not changed, even with the constant annoyance of his new little sister. :heartbeat:

when we first got our second husky shadow didn't like it but after a few weeks they was getting on great, now they can't go anywhere unless they are together. Now we have a 3rd husky in the house yes the first week was mum why you got another husky in for, 2 weeks later they all get on great:D

Got to agree with Denise... when we introduced Brooke as a 8 week old pup, my two girls looked at me as if to say why!!! then Indi became the mother and Freya became the teacher... now they are all inseperable and when at the dog park all stay together and look out for each other :) don't worry things will settle down..

jess wasnt happy when we introduced dog number 2 or 3 but after a few weeks together she settled with the fact they are here and they are staying x

Always remember, a dog lives in the moment. Just as a pack together and you loose one, they grieve and then they move on and that is how the pack survives. So when you add one, the pack re adjusts itself and you Alpha will do all the rest. So enjoy your 3rd one and congratulations on making your pack larger.

Husky Lovers in Vermont

Although I don't have any advice, I can sympathize. We recently added Grace last year after the loss of our dear Alice the Husky, but Buddha out GSD is elderly and I feel really bad about having his last years being pestered by a puppy. Things have adjusted, but he has aged a lot over this last year. It looked so lost and lonely after Alice passed we thought it would be a good thing for him, but the energy and Alpha personality of my Grace is a little much for him. I don't regret my Gracie, but I do feel horrid for Buddha. Now, the new topic of conversation in the household is how much Grace needs a playmate, she is like an "only dog", cuz Buddha can't do much, and knowing how Huskies are, she really really needs it. The topic of a playmate, (new puppy) has been on the table, but the one thing that just keeps coming up is how can I do that again to my poor GSD, but then again it the puppy and Grace would keep each other fairly busy.

:mouthshut:Sorry to sound off on my own drama :dramaqueen:, but I do understand your feelings of guilt and heartbreak for your other dogs:cry1:. I do think though your pack will adjust to the whole thing, and I know my GSD's love for me has not changed, even with the constant annoyance of his new little sister. :heartbeat:

i hope all works out well ...they do say sometimes .having a younger dog in the house can help an older dog ...new lease of life ...good luck

My daughter had been asking for a husky for several years and I refused because of the effort required to look after them. She has been very poorly and almost died last easter so when she had started to recover I rehomed Ryder (nearly 1). It was quite apparant that my 8 year old lab was never going to keep up with him so we took on another husky as a true companion for him in September. The dogs all seem to moan about a newbie coming in but give things chance to settle down and they usually do quite nicely. I am now wondering if we should get a third husky, as they are such great dogs, including all their bad moments!