Treats

Aya

Can someone refer to me any healthy treats they give their husky. Mine are daily trained with the dry beef liver and I think she is sick of em. I also give her hot dogs and shmackos but they aren't too healthy so I don't really give it to her on a daily basis. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

dried pigs ears. dried tribe (just a warning does stink a lot) .... mine love them and get them about once ever 2 weeks

edit: did use the dried tribe for Alpha on his exam and he did real good 82 points out of 100... and to think he had only been with me for 2,5 months..

There are many homemade treats you can make. Just be aware that without preservatives, they need to be kept in the freezer or at least refrigerator. Ryn also likes carrotts and is a BIG fan of dried liver or chicken. She also like cucumbers on occassion, but her absolute favorite is a pumpkin/peanut butter mix which I put in her bones and freeze. Takes her a while to get all the noms out and keeps her occupied as well as providing her with a healthy treat.

My 1 year-old husky bitch loves 2 eat everything! Chewing gum, crisps etc.. from pavements; plus most types of veg. when I'm preparing dinner e.g. potato peelings, courgettess, even celery - but not carrots. She also loves egg shells, but prefers tops of boiled eggs containing some cooked egg. But I bought, and occassionally use, a gentle muzzle to stop her grazing everything in sight, most of which is poisonous to her in some form.

Just bought her a rear seat harness belt, and it's fabulous! Without it she'd nibble my ear, lick my mouth - all whilst driving!! It also keeps her so much calmer, especially when my grandson is in passenger seat....

So, I'd recommend researching the best tools & equipment for your dog's habits, then have fun using them!! Good luck.....:wave1:

For training I wouldn't use anything dried, and remember treats only need to be tiny - smaller than the nail on your little finger :)

I buy cheap lean gravy beef or similar and chop it into tiny pieces and boil it, I also do cooked/boiled liver chopped into tiny pieces too, dogs love cooked liver! You could boil any lean pieces of meat really if you're worried about feeding things that are too fatty.