Faith restored in humanity

Sarah

I think a little of my faith has been restored in humanity.

Last night I got a call from a friend who had gone to Tesco to do her shopping with her 2 boys aged 7 and 4, she was in a taxi on the way home and because the taxi driver skidded getting up a hill he refused to take her any further, telling her she had to get out and walk home - just over half a mile away. She had at least 15 bags of shopping and two kids and was in tears.

She knocked on someone's door who kindly offered to put her shopping in the boot of his car until she could get back for it and walked home upset and cold. It was 6pm and dark.

She rang me in tears and asked if i'd take her back to get her shopping, so I cleared the snow from my car and drove down with her, the roads, even the main ones were really bad. We managed to get her shopping but then i got stuck and was sliding about everywhere - having a manual car, rear wheel drive in the snow is not good!

Anyway, some people came to give me a push and we finally got out but had to go a long way round to get home - normally the longer way would take me 5 mins - this took just over 2 hours because of the snow! I was so amazed though at what I saw - people lining the streets helping to push cars and clear snow! Everyone we met was lovely, it was so nice to see people doing this selfless act.

Then!......I'm on facebook and a lady had drove from Nottingham to Rossendale to collect a rescue dog she left her home at 6pm and it took her 6 hours to get there. She had left her dogs alone at home not knowing she would be out for so long. Everyone supported her, offered her a place to stop for coffee and food and wished her well.

I don't know what time she got home, i think it was around 5am - just over a 10 hour round trip for a dog.........my faith in humanity was restored somewhat last night.

People who go out of their way to help another so selflessly are truly these days one in a million!

Cookies to all that got through!

in our street in the village we live in its a cul de sac. as I type now, most of the men of the street are out clearing the street. Including mine.:D:clap:

Happens everytime it snows. I do think its lovely.