Aaaarrrhhhhh!!!!

Donna-Sasha

Just having a moan really as I was happily walking sasha in the snow when we met another husky and his owner. The man started questioning me about sasha as in where did I get her from, her temperament and why she was so small ( thought she was average size as she stands 20 inches)!!

Then he started about letting her off lead (which I don't do and will never do). He lets his off all the time apparently and basically told me I was an irresponsible owner for not letting her have the run and exercise that she needs. I told him each to there own but I'm being more responsible by taking her for her long daily walks on lead. He started to raise his voice at me about how I should be reported for cruelty!!

What a joke this bloke is and I hope too not meet him again.

Moan over and going to carry on enjoying the snow lol!!!

tell him to bug off and mind his own business, you obviously love your dog and want her around for a long time unlike him. God help his poor dog. I hate when total strangers feel they know more about your dog than you do. ( folk tend to do this with kids too, worst offenders are the ones who don't actually have kids):grouphug:Hope the rest of your walk was better

tell him to bug off and mind his own business, you obviously love your dog and want her around for a long time unlike him. God help his poor dog. I hate when total strangers feel they know more about your dog than you do. ( folk tend to do this with kids too, worst offenders are the ones who don't actually have kids):grouphug:Hope the rest of your walk was better

Yeah I know what u mean but he was also one of those people that wouldn't properly listen as he thinks he knows best!!

We had a lovely walk the opposite direction and for sasha's first time in the snow she lived it :-)

Ha ha yeah I suppose there is and they should keep there opinions to themselves!!

I don't have this exact problem with me people always ask me why I have big dogs, and how dangerous they are to have around kids (mainly talking about my gsd here) I tell them "We live in the country, you are suppose to have big enough dogs a snake can't swallow whole!" As far as my dog attacking my kids, I am more worried about their unsocailized ankle biters nipping my kids. One of the guys I am talking about has 10 yorkies that he breeds three of these are over 8 yrs old, they keep them in small 2x3 pens all the time, they don't get groomed or loved on, they don't even show attention to the puppies from these dogs. I have called the local cops and the local spca and they won't take them because they have proper shelter food and water. Sorry to get off subject so much just something I feel strongly about and can't do anything about.

I don't have this exact problem with me people always ask me why I have big dogs, and how dangerous they are to have around kids (mainly talking about my gsd here) I tell them "We live in the country, you are suppose to have big enough dogs a snake can't swallow whole!" As far as my dog attacking my kids, I am more worried about their unsocailized ankle biters nipping my kids. One of the guys I am talking about has 10 yorkies that he breeds three of these are over 8 yrs old, they keep them in small 2x3 pens all the time, they don't get groomed or loved on, they don't even show attention to the puppies from these dogs. I have called the local cops and the local spca and they won't take them because they have proper shelter food and water. Sorry to get off subject so much just something I feel strongly about and can't do anything about.

Just because they are big doesn't mean they are vicious and I don't get why people don't understand that. Any dog can give a nasty bite but all dogs need attention so they don't end up vicious!! It's a shame someone isn't helping you by listening to you before someone does get hurt.

Just having a moan really as I was happily walking sasha in the snow when we met another husky and his owner. The man started questioning me about sasha as in where did I get her from, her temperament and why she was so small ( thought she was average size as she stands 20 inches)!!

Then he started about letting her off lead (which I don't do and will never do). He lets his off all the time apparently and basically told me I was an irresponsible owner for not letting her have the run and exercise that she needs. I told him each to there own but I'm being more responsible by taking her for her long daily walks on lead. He started to raise his voice at me about how I should be reported for cruelty!!

What a joke this bloke is and I hope too not meet him again.

Moan over and going to carry on enjoying the snow lol!!!

Any experienced Husky owner would not have asked you about such things, surely?:( What a p***t.

Any experienced Husky owner would not have asked you about such things, surely?:( What a p***t.

That's what I would have thought as I'm not the most experienced as I've only ever had sasha and only had her 9 months but I have done my research and know the do's and dont's so you would have thought that the idiot also knew but obviously not. Just annoyed me how he tried to tell me I wasnt a good owner!

apparently he needs to read and retain what he reads about Siberians, NEVER LET THEM OFF LEAD AND KEEP THEM IN A WELL ENCLOSED AREA! This is Rule Number One. Because of his ignorance he is either going to end up with his Siberian lost or harmed!

To Everyone who replied: Job Well Done:woohoo:

Husky Lovers in Vermont

first let me say well done for holding your ground (and your tongue!) with that idiot, it makes me sad to think people can be so arrogant yet ignorant about life, I really do hope he has one of those one-in-a-thousand huskies who can be let off lead, personally, I like to know where mine are every second we are out & about!

first let me say well done for holding your ground (and your tongue!) with that idiot, it makes me sad to think people can be so arrogant yet ignorant about life, I really do hope he has one of those one-in-a-thousand huskies who can be let off lead, personally, I like to know where mine are every second we are out & about!

Thanks and yes it was hard to keep from what I really wanted to say to him lol. I wish him all the luck but by the sounds of it I'm like u and want my baby by my side where I know she is safe :-)