OMG so lazy!!! Stereotypical man?

Ravenwolf

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LMAO TOO FUNNY! I am sooo an american muscle car kinda girl. But then again I love mechanics in general- if it has an engine I wanna get my hands dirty ;) I have a Mercedes SUV so I go ritzy too. LMAO. But before I die- I will have my 69 nova <3

LOL! I tried to get into mechanics - my dad is one and owns a heavy duty repair shop. He always made us do our own repairs on our cars and help out when needed. I tried to get into the trade but I just don't have a head for it! I can change parts as instructed and could so simple things like rads, spark plugs and water pumps myself, but I've given up trying to understand how it all works. When he tries to explain stuff I usually just shake my head and say "magic."

Good luck! I'm sure you'll get your car one day! My husband has wanted his since he was 16, and finally got it 12 years later, blown engine or not! Definitely cheaper to rebuild than buy it roadworthy!

LMAO. Ry is in construction so he knows all of that [but then again I was on my own for a while and get by PERFECTLY fine on my own ;)] While he knows that though- IM the car buff!!! :D 1969 Chevy Nova SS baby! Dream car! The 73 Chevelle is f*cking sweet too!

Loves me American muscle car <3 I tried my hands at professional mechanics, but the mindset of the American man still hasn't changed. I got my Associates in Automotive and Diesel repair, specialized in BMW...and now work as an EMT for the ambulance. Quite the career change! I still get my hands dirty on my 1969 Nova hobby. Someday we'll hit the strip with it :D

Ugh! nom nom nommmmmmm on the Nova!!! There is NOTHING sexier... no joke. Mmm! I sound like such a dude lol. You have your AA in "mechanics" thats pretty sweet! Also I completely agree on it being cheaper to rebuild- but not only that- Id like to do all the dirty work myself- I like knowing what is where- how it was installed and whatnot [control issue? lol] Ugh now I have to itch! Damn being in Spain... damn it! LOL. My Mercedes is in FL waiting for us to get home- and they dont really have Muscle cars here in europe... they have "fast n furious" matchbox cars... lol

But aside from the car chatter, I could do that all day...seriously have a husband issue too, mine has been happily unemployed for 2 years now...and is making no signs of changing that. I'm at my wits end with it....I'm working my butt off and he's spending it away...taking spur of the moment vacations are easy, but we can't afford to do as much as we used to....I'm not sure what to do. I tried talking to him sensitively about it, FIGHT, being harsh on him, BIGGER FIGHT, putting my foot down, almost divorce....Why do men have to be so bull headed?

But aside from the car chatter, I could do that all day...seriously have a husband issue too, mine has been happily unemployed for 2 years now...and is making no signs of changing that. I'm at my wits end with it....I'm working my butt off and he's spending it away...taking spur of the moment vacations are easy, but we can't afford to do as much as we used to....I'm not sure what to do. I tried talking to him sensitively about it, FIGHT, being harsh on him, BIGGER FIGHT, putting my foot down, almost divorce....Why do men have to be so bull headed?

Yikes, that's a tough one! Is he at least a homemaker or do you find you still have to look after the house as well? I feel for you! I had a similar problem with our roommate - thank the gods I'm not married to him! I had to give him a date he had do move out by if he didn't have a job, and he found one within 2 weeks. It's little better than minimum wage, but at least it gets him out of my house for awhile!

Personally, I'd cut him off. If you're the only one making money and him not working isn't a mutual and beneficial decision, then he's freeloading. I'd say the same if it was a wife. If he isn't looking after the kids, doing all the shopping and taking care of the daily house chores, he's not earning his keep. Give him an allowance equal to the work he does - in cash, with no access to debit or credit (unless buying groceries or agreed upon household items). If you have to, cancel joint credit cards and open an account in your name only that he can't access.

If he wants spending money, he can go out and earn it his own damned self! It's harsh to punish yourself too, but you could always tell him you can't afford any vacations at all without him working - you need to squirrel that money away in case you can't work for any length of time!

Heh, no offense, but suddenly foot-dragging over chores doesn't seem like the worst thing in the world anymore, LOL! My husband could support us if I ended up staying home to look after kids, etc - and I would love nothing more than to quit my job! - but we would sure notice the loss of income and I honestly don't know that I could do without it!

I'm not going to say I'm not totally unappreciative of what he does...but there are times when I wonder, "what does he do around here?"...I know he does the dishes and the laundry...occasionally will vacuum the area rug in the living room....but the floor doesn't get mopped unless I do it, the kitchen counters are barely visible under all the mail and clutter, the dining room table the same. There have been times when the dogs had been neglected and I'm outside all hours of the night righting that situation. Those are the nights I could explode. He plays volunteer firefighter like it's his job...I'm glad he's found a hobby, but really it's time to grow up.

Glad I could make your situation not seem so bad :D