Accidents in the house

heatherp438

Koba seems to do really good with the crate training. He goes as soon as I take him outside. I then stay out there about 15 minutes before bringing him in and letting him play in the house. However, several times now within about 10 minutes of coming in he has urinated on the living room floor. Any suggestions??

I've had this problem with Kiana basically when she comes in I keep her calmed down for a while. Have her go lay down with a chew toy or treat and just have her chill out for oh around 20 minutes or so. After that if she still wants to play I let her go but watch her as soon as she starts to even hint she may need to go she is leashed up and taken out. It's difficult and time consuming but does work eventually. You may also need to get the spray for the floor that masks the scent of the potty spot as they may be part of the problem. Other's will chime in though good luck :)

Edit: Oh one more thing I forgot if it's morning or evening before settling in I also keep her out a little extra and purposely get her playful outside so she fully empties her bladder. Usually works lol

I've had this problem with Kiana basically when she comes in I keep her calmed down for a while. Have her go lay down with a chew toy or treat and just have her chill out for oh around 20 minutes or so. After that if she still wants to play I let her go but watch her as soon as she starts to even hint she may need to go she is leashed up and taken out. It's difficult and time consuming but does work eventually. You may also need to get the spray for the floor that masks the scent of the potty spot as they may be part of the problem. Other's will chime in though good luck :)

Edit: Oh one more thing I forgot if it's morning or evening before settling in I also keep her out a little extra and purposely get her playful outside so she fully empties her bladder. Usually works lol

I will try this as I too have this problem of waiting til she is inside to potty (she does go outside as well like 2 or 3 times I think she is marking)

Sherlock did that till about 6 months old.

Now, when we get home, he is so excited to see us that he doesn't even want to go out to pee - so he runs out and comes back in instantly, trying to fool me. I usually have to ignore him till he actually goes pee (which he does with me standing there telling him), and then give him lots of hugs and kisses and love.