Cliques - What Cliques?

Marc

Thought I would put my thing in the steam room now...... Ya know I have heard knocking around from a few different people about a few different groups that people seem to be in cliques.

Now Im lost about these cliques as I dont see them... If people are going for walks and you feel you wanna be involved, then get involved. If you wanna go talk to people when your at them walks, then go talk to people. The reason these people are in what you are calling that clique is that they do decide to turn up and do decide to talk to people. Nothing more, and nothing less.

Also, people on here know, I am the first people to hate cliquey stuff due to what went on it the past with 'behind closed doors' groups and the likes. Im sorry but this is nothing like. There is nothing to stop people getting involved with anything and nobody would stop you. In fact half of these people would love there small groups to become larger groups of people.... Hell, who wouldnt it's great.

So.... Please. My rant is that people are calling others who are doing what we set this place up for "cliquey people" and they are not.. Please think before you comment to others, as those others may not know them and judge them based on what you have said.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've been on a few meets (Bowlee and St Helens) and found only friendliness.

And was made aware of this site through meeting some nice folk - Thanks Janet.

Yes, some do spread out during the runaround but no-one has been unwelcoming or stand offish.

All in all, we love it - meeting new people and their pooches.

And this site and it's staff is a blessing.

Granted that I'm an "outsider", in that living so far from the UK, I can't take part in your walks. I have to say, however, that I really don't see much evidence of "cliquey" behavior on the forum...

Not on the forum so much to be honest, which is why I posted it as a rant rather than kickin peoples arses and posting it as an announce LOL

There are usually cliques in highschool...less so in University, but they're still there. As for in the 'normal' world...they're still there. Just look around. Rich hang with the rich and live in the general area of the rich.

The poor are usually 'clumped' together in little neighbourhoods. There's gangs, drug circles. Prisons, if they count, keep all the bad people together.

Definition of a clique:

"A small group of people with shared interests, who spend time together and exclude others."

Not sure if that applies to H-O...but we all love huskies, spend time together...but would we stop someone from joining the site/meets if they don't have a husky (or if they never intend to get one?)

There are usually cliques in highschool...less so in University, but they're still there. As for in the 'normal' world...they're still there. Just look around. Rich hang with the rich and live in the general area of the rich.

The poor are usually 'clumped' together in little neighbourhoods. There's gangs, drug circles. Prisons, if they count, keep all the bad people together.

Definition of a clique:

"A small group of people with shared interests, who spend time together and exclude others."

Not sure if that applies to H-O...but we all love huskies, spend time together...but would we stop someone from joining the site/meets if they don't have a husky (or if they never intend to get one?)

Ya know on that basis, I guess husky owners is a clique in a way LOL

I'm too shy. I rarely post anything here because... I don't have much to say and I'm sure it'd be stupid anyway :P

I've met you Laine, you have a lot of husky knowledge to share! Begin sharing more now.... Please!:)

P.S. We'd love to have all of you join us in September for the Iowa Husky Clique....I mean MEET!