Curious about kids

heatherp438

mine LOVE kids lol - skylalikes to give kids kisses

i would try and work on having the dog used to you and ur kids being around when the dog has food and toys and being able 2 put hands inbowls n take toys away - just incase ur children should fall near the dog whilst eating or playing u dont want the dog to be possessive over anything and snap out as they fear the item being taken away

My dogs are generally very good with kids - I don't have kids and don't often have company with kids over, but when they see kids on a walk or a school visit (I sometimes give talks with them at schools or libraries), or with other interactions with very small children, they've always been very tolerant. My old man I lost last summer, Shad, absolutely loved babies! However, I supervise carefully to make sure that my dogs don't get into a situation where they feel that they need to "discipline" a child who is poking or prodding at them - or taking an object that the dog sees as being his/hers.

Teach the children how to properly interact with your new "baby", and if you can get them involved in his training, that would be ideal. I would work on Nothing in Life is Free dog training (if you google it, lots of links will come up!). Very small children may have more difficulty in understanding the difference in how a dog thinks compared to how they think - and like the dogs, the line between "yours" and "mine" tends to be a bit blurry!

Ultimately, being very consistent with dog training is very important, and having a Siberian around is rather like having a permanent toddler/young child - enjoy the companionship, and good luck!

I do not have any kids but my dogs are all right with the kids I remember a month ago we go to a husky meet and I think was Susanne little girl what had a ball and she try to learn my Vlad to wait ... was so funny to watch them as the little girl will tell him to sit he will but he will not have the patience to wait .My opinion is to try to get the kids involved in the pup training.

i have 2 children 2 staffordshire bull terrier and a husky all of which are great around each other i think bringing a dog in to a family you have to teach the kids aswell what they can and cant do with the dogs my eldest son regular trains his staffie jessie he will take her in the garden or in the hallway and go over the commands with he finds this every rewarding

The children are grown now, but my girl absolutely adores the grandkids, especially the baby. She's forever kissing and babysitting.

The most problem we've had is that she did try to discipline the babe. Nothing harsh, just pushed at her with her nose. However it is unacceptable and she knows this - just needed a reminder. Ryn is very loving and I've never had a problem with her and children.

Like sutsibe , we go to schools, preschools and nursing homes and Ryn adores all - young and old. Socialization is the key. Start how you want them to be in the end. It becomes habit for them.

Mine are great with my to teenagers 15 & 17.. bindi is ok with younger kids just wants to lick them and get fussed over by them alpha on the other hand cannot stand kids and just want to run away esp when they scream or shout...am working on this issue but not that easy.