dog pts AFTER owner died of natural causes

BingBlaze n Skyla

im like WTF - what are others opinions ?

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/2012/02/10/dead-nuneaton-mother-s-face-mauled-by-dog-say-police-92746-30303432/

Police said rumours sweeping the neighbourhood that she had been killed by the family dog were “unfoundedâ€Â.

But they confirmed last night that she had suffered facial injuries from a pet dog after she had died of natural causes.

“The woman, who had stated she had been feeling unwell the previous evening, was found in her bedroom by an adult member of her family.

"A juvenile dog, believed to be a bull mastiff-staffie cross, aged approximately five months, which was found in the room with the woman, has been destroyed following consultation with the family.

Did you see the original story....ironicly i cant find it now...but sun news paper had an article called - five kids see their Alsatian kill mum. basically goes on to say how this alsatian attacked the kids then attacked the mother as she tried to defend them. Savaged to death....wish they would get their facts right before releasing such garbage.

Did you see the original story....ironicly i cant find it now...but sun news paper had an article called - five kids see their Alsatian kill mum. basically goes on to say how this alsatian attacked the kids then attacked the mother as she tried to defend them. Savaged to death....wish they would get their facts right before releasing such garbage.

my mum told about that - weird how the GSD in THIS story is fine as it was in another room

hate when they post crap!

Wellllll...chances are this dog was so distressed by the death of his owner and tried to pull her to safety in any way he could.

Or....he was hungry (awful thought but possible)

Either way....could you keep the dog that had chewed your dead mother's face off??

Granted, rehoming would've been better but in the heat of that particular moment....yes it sucks....buuuuut I can see why it would have happened. I'm not saying it was right, I'm saying I can sort of see where the family were coming from.

Now that is bleddy annoying! Newspapers need to appreciate the power that they have!

Wellllll...chances are this dog was so distressed by the death of his owner and tried to pull her to safety in any way he could.

Or....he was hungry (awful thought but possible)

Either way....could you keep the dog that had chewed your dead mother's face off??

Granted, rehoming would've been better but in the heat of that particular moment....yes it sucks....buuuuut I can see why it would have happened. I'm not saying it was right, I'm saying I can sort of see where the family were coming from.

im not sure - could i blame a puppy who needs to be fed ? i suppose i wouldnt know unless it ever happened to me - but u do hear stories about dogs doing anything they can to survive dont u - hard to gage (sp?) without actually going thru it i guess

im not sure - could i blame a puppy who needs to be fed ? i suppose i wouldnt know unless it ever happened to me - but u do hear stories about dogs doing anything they can to survive dont u - hard to gage (sp?) without actually going thru it i guess

I know. Can't imagine the trauma of something like that. If it was only overnight though I find it hard to believe that hunger drove the dog to d that. Probably more the distress of the situation.

I love my dogs.....but I honestly don't think I could even look at them if something like this happened with my mam. My mam is the greatest person on the planet! It would just be a reminder of the pain every single day.

Like you say....unless you were in that situation you just have no idea.

i wasnt sure at first but its the same lady...it really upset me reading that story yesterday, and the picture they posted with it was horrible...anybody looking at it would believe that it was the actual dog....

They should post an appology!!!

will keep an eye on the papers etc see if they do - i doubt it tho

i HATE when they use pics like that aswell :( doesnt help the breed in anyway they arent ALL dangerous like that at all! :(

I saw this yesterday in the Sun and the article was full in inaccuracies about what allegedly happened. It said an Alsation had gone for one of the children and that the mum had been killed whilst protecting her children. Now Police have confirmed that she died of natural causes.