Whitney Houston dies aged 48

Hyshqa

"US singer Whitney Houston dies aged 48

American singer and actress Whitney Houston has died at the age of 48.

The cause and the location of her death were unclear, her publicist Kristen Foster told the AP news agency. A family spokesman confirmed the news.

Regarded as one of the most celebrated female acts of all time, Houston also enjoyed success acting in films such as The Bodyguard and Waiting to Exhale.

But her later career was overshadowed by drug use and her turbulent marriage to singer Bobby Brown.

The peak of her success came with a string of hits in the 80s and early 90s."

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-17001548

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets hope the new generation take stock and learn from it.

I woke to this news thi9s morning after talking to my partner last ngiht suggesting we will probably hear of a death very soon, whilst I was almost correct, I was actually talking about Macauley Culkin, after seeing the article about him looking awful.

oh dear the jokes have started!!!!! him indoors got a text saying "Bobby Brown has committed suicide on hearing of his ex wifes death. Apparently the suicide note read two can play at that game!!!"

no respect some people!! but i do wonder how people think these up so quickly

oh dear the jokes have started!!!!! him indoors got a text saying "Bobby Brown has committed suicide on hearing of his ex wifes death. Apparently the suicide note read two can play at that game!!!"

no respect some people!! but i do wonder how people think these up so quickly

there was one on my OH's fb page 'we give kevin costner 1 job and he buggers it up...houston we have a problem.

I didnt reliase unitl jsut now that it was 19 years today for little James Bulger :(

Until the Autopsy results no one can say it was drink and drugs that killed her. People make me sick by surmising that they know when they don't. I know it's a tragic loss , but lets not surmise until we know for sure.............Ron

The rich and the famous they have everything they want but still their not happy, yes it’s sad about Whitney Houston and all the rest that have gone due to drink an drugs.

But my god if they can’t sort themselves out with all they have go knows how they would cope in the real world with real problems ffs

Until the Autopsy results no one can say it was drink and drugs that killed her. People make me sick by surmising that they know when they don't. I know it's a tragic loss , but lets not surmise until we know for sure.............Ron

My apologies Ron, I would never mean to offend. And you're right.... I should reserve judgement. But...as with so many recent deaths of people in the public eye who have abused their bodies in one way or another....the death of Ms Housten doesn't shock or surprise me. It does make people fall to assumption and that is wrong...so, my apologies.

My apologies Ron, I would never mean to offend. And you're right.... I should reserve judgement. But...as with so many recent deaths of people in the public eye who have abused their bodies in one way or another....the death of Ms Housten doesn't shock or surprise me. It does make people fall to assumption and that is wrong...so, my apologies.

especially as the day before she came out of a club hammered.