so disappointed of....

mydiamond

MYSELF :( this always happens. I got an issue with "cockiness", apparently :confused: and I got into trouble several times thanks to that :( so I am addicted to the internet. Whenever I've a free time (and Dime's fast asleep) I'd go online O_O even worse, no matter how busy I am every day, I'd MAKE time to go online O_O everyone knows this might affect my school grades, so my boyfriend--another reason why I'm online so often--made a deal with me. I can go online as much as I wanted but I can never ever EVER let my parallel rank (my rank out of 450+ students in tenth grade) hit 200th and lower. First report card of the year I am 106th out of 450+, and I have to keep it up that way.

My online time is STILL uncontrollable. Every day, no matter what, I'd make time to get to my laptop. And hey look I still manage to keep up my scores! For the entire first semester, I still manage to keep up my grades while going online AND taking care of Dime. You know what happened next =\ I got all cocky and proud.

Yesterday, the first report card of the second semester was distributed. My grades fell down drastically. I got four red marks (three out of four is my very own mistake. the other one is a scoring system mistake) which is the worst in my life history. I have NEVER got more than two red marks in one report card... Until yesterday :( I feel so stupid, because out of the four lessons I failed I KNOW I can do better in THREE of 'em :cry1:the only reason why I got such a low score is because I didn't study :( now WHAT was I thinking back then? I was being lazy =\ I remember the night before physics test when I felt so damn lazy and won't move from my bed... Thinking that I'd be alright. Well, I was wrong. 69/100. Wow. I must have disappointed a big bunch of people. Before I entered high school my marks in physics/maths is always below 75/100. Then I entered 10th grade and thanks to my nice teachers 80/100 is an easy score to get. After one whole semester of those amazing achievements it all broke down. ALL my fault :cry1:

This sounds familiar, 2 semesters ago I let my grades drop. I didn't do horrible in my classes but I scored much, much lower than I know I could have. I just got lazy and didn't put forth any effort. But it's in that past and can't be changed now so I try harder the next semester and this semester. That's what you have to do. Keep your head up, learn from your mistakes and keep going. It may take some hard work but you can pull your grades up.

oh how I wish my son was as dedicated as you are, He is 15 and due to sit his Standard Grades in May and since doing reasonably well in his prelim exams I cannot get him motivated to start revising again.

well whatever you say if he doesn't want it then he won't do it =\ give him something that would make him get up and start studying :P I study for my deal with my boyfriend. I don't want to let him down, so I spend days studying---trying to make it to the top 100 chart. It's a tough one, but I'll keep trying :D he even challenged me to try and claim the number one spot, but I'll pass .__. I'm not a genius like him x_x

I know that it seems pretty rubbish at the moment, but sometimes we need things like this to happen to make us realise that we've not been as focused as we could have been.

I would use it as motivation, stick the report card to your laptop (or somewhere you can see it) so that everytime you're online doing something that isn't school work you will rememeber why it's important! I'm not saying don't ever use the internet for anything other than school work ever again, but everything in moderation!

You will get back to where you need to be :) it will just take a bit of time!

The good thing is. . .

You are aware of the problem and what caused it.

get your work ethic back to where it was and all will be well.

Most "kids" your age (I have a 15 year old son) blame everything going wrong on someone or something else

other than their own poor work ethic, inability to simply knuckle down and get the damn work done.

You've identified what caused the drop in grades. . .

now it's up to you to sort it.

we have faith in you. :up:

I know that it seems pretty rubbish at the moment, but sometimes we need things like this to happen to make us realise that we've not been as focused as we could have been.

I would use it as motivation, stick the report card to your laptop (or somewhere you can see it) so that everytime you're online doing something that isn't school work you will rememeber why it's important! I'm not saying don't ever use the internet for anything other than school work ever again, but everything in moderation!

great advice !

good idea, but the report card is a bit too big.. I'll stick a sticky note saying "remember the four red marks?" instead LOL :P

oh Liv, you put so much pressure on yourself hun.xx

one more weakness point of mine :P I am rarely happy of what I've done .__. every single mistake would drag me down like this x) but the good thing is that I always fix it :up:

Olivia don't beat yourself up too much over it. There is a saying "If if's and buts were fruit and nuts, every day would be Christmas". You know how to correct what has happened, learn by it and move on. Learning is not linear and everyone goes through dips in their learning. I should know I spent 8 years learning at University and am now a teacher. There is some good advice above and as you say you're good at fixing it.