Sledding Injury Warning minor gore: How NOT to break a fall

Staceybob

MINOR GORE BELOW, DON'T LOOK IF YOU'RE SENSITIVE TO BLOOD.

So yeah.

Went scootering this morning. It was awesome,

Except, at one point, both the dogs picked up on a scent and dashed to the right to get to a badger hole. The scooter went from underneath me and I went flying.

How did I land?

On my chin of course!

428083_10150604420923088_645433087_9283770_456099900_n.jpg

Woops lol.

Stacey xxx

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pilots will tell you ANY landing you can walk away from is a good landing.

Well done, good job.:up:

get some germolene on that.

Love the Bat'leth in the background. :)

ouch omg stacey. Youre lucky you didnt land on a stick or something through your neck!!

I know D= when I first did it, I just felt like I couldn't move my jaw and I thought oh my god, I've broken my jaw, but thankfully after a while it eased up. Despite injuring my chin badly and hurting my leg, I successfully got up off the floor in seconds to catch the dogs and the scooter as they were dragging it away. Then once I got a hold of them, I collapsed on the floor for about 5 minutes like, ow. ow. ow. lol.

Stacey xxx

I know D= when I first did it, I just felt like I couldn't move my jaw and I thought oh my god, I've broken my jaw, but thankfully after a while it eased up. Despite injuring my chin badly and hurting my leg, I successfully got up off the floor in seconds to catch the dogs and the scooter as they were dragging it away. Then once I got a hold of them, I collapsed on the floor for about 5 minutes like, ow. ow. ow. lol.

Stacey xxx

awww bless. where was aaron? hope the scooter wasnt too badly scratched

Best get a chin guard. Hope it heals quickly. Glad you captured the dogs.

Sent from my HTC Desire using forumrunner.

ouch stace ! dont u have a safety line from u to the scooter?

No and for reasons such as this, had I have had a safety line from the scooter to me, then potentially, I could have fell and hit my chin on the scooter. On that basis, I might not have been so lucky.

I knew that eventually the dogs would stop due to the drag from the scooter but didn't want them getting too far and getting injured.

Best get a chin guard. Hope it heals quickly. Glad you captured the dogs.

Sent from my HTC Desire using forumrunner.

Yes, Aaron and Louise have mentioned chin guards to me today, I'm going to look into getting one. Don't want this to happen again lol.

Stacey xxx

Lol i can see right up your nose :P lmao! Have you put some savlon or germolene on it?

ouch stace ! dont u have a safety line from u to the scooter?

'safety' lines are anything but! and often referred to as 'suicide lines'. I have come off a rig which was being pulled by 3 dogs, had I been attached to them I would have been dragged face down for potentially miles across bumpy, sometimes stoney ground covered in sharp sticks, bashed into trees etc. I would have likely ended up in hospital with burns & broken bones, possibly worse.

As it happens I wasnt attached, and lept up and chased the dogs, managed to catch them, sorted out a small tangle in the lines, caught my breath and carried on with no injuries.