Hoping for a little luck :)

Kechara

My OH and I have been living together for almost a year now and, unsurprisingly, the plans we had to get a bigger apt/rental home didn't work out so well. It costs too much to rent a house, and we decided an apartment would be a downgrade from what we have now, especially with Jake :(.

Our current place is a small garage apartment, and our landlord is a family friend of his, so we get a good deal. But it's too small.. it's a bachelor pad really... and it's been pretty frustrating for one big, main reason: I want another dog. Another husky at that. This was also in our fail-plan, because I knew Jake would be unhappy here alone as I needed to get full time work, and my OH understood that and agreed. Well, a year later and the dog is unhappy, and I'm unhappy that the dog is unhappy. Again, no surprises here. :|

So I've been trying to think of alternatives for a while now... buying a home, moving out more towards the suburbs (cheaper)... kept looking online for anything reasonable for us to pop up. All the while I find out my work is moving buildings, making my commute longer, which will put even more stress on Jake :(

But today!!! Today I found something awesome that I really should have researched a year ago. These crazy cheap houses for sale as foreclosures. :duh: Buying one would actually be ridiculously less than our current rent. And we would OWN it meaning no BS about landlords not liking my dog(s). I'm loving this idea. Been playing with it in my head all day at work (boring work is a dangerous thing lol :whistling: ). I found a few online already that look amazing- newer homes with nice big yards that would be closer to both of our workplaces :D

Now to convince my OH. And to figure out the whole buying house process. I haven't been this excited about something in a while:woohoo: I really hope this can work!!

Also, /highfives and cookies for reading all that :P

cookies for me then :D

I don't know anything about foreclosures but i hope all goes well hun xx

They're houses that they're former owners could no longer afford to keep, so their bank or mortgage company(?) kicks them out and takes possession of the house. It's actually pretty awful :( I almost feel bad for wanting one. Happens a lot to people who've lost their jobs and such, which has unfortunately happened a lot with our crap economy.

Edit: :cookies: :D

I hope that you can find one that will work well for you! I would suggest a ranch-style, if you can find one - preferably with a nice basement! There are things I love about my old farm house, but the stairs to the second story (where the bedroom is) are a pain (my dogs hate them!), and I just have an old storm shelter for a basement... Means to go into it in case of a tornado, I have to go outside and get down into it - and that there are a LOT of spiders in it - I hate spiders!

I hope that you can find one that will work well for you! I would suggest a ranch-style, if you can find one - preferably with a nice basement! There are things I love about my old farm house, but the stairs to the second story (where the bedroom is) are a pain (my dogs hate them!), and I just have an old storm shelter for a basement... Means to go into it in case of a tornado, I have to go outside and get down into it - and that there are a LOT of spiders in it - I hate spiders!

You won't find any basements down here! Just attics to hide in when the flood waters hit lol :D

Will definitely be looking for a one story though! Stairs are too much work :P

L

You won't find any basements down here! Just attics to hide in when the flood waters hit lol :D

Will definitely be looking for a one story though! Stairs are too much work :P

LOL, I guess I assumed you might be in a place where tornados were more of a risk than flooding! Handy things to have, basements - at least as long as you aren't in a place that floods...

Thank you everyone! OH is not keen on buying a house but I'll keep trying :D lol

keep trying! What you find sounds like an AMAZING deal! I wouldn't believe there's a nice house with a big yard that doesn't cost too much u know :D be quick, houses like that sells in a heartbeat.