pulling during walks

huskyizzy

:wave1::wave1:Ditto that! My Kira is very strong & used to pull my shoulder out of joint when just walking, so imagine how it hurt when she chased a fox! I often came home covered in mud and nearly in tears, because walking her was what she needed, but it was paintful and demoralising for me when she just took off and dragged me with her.

But since I received my wydwl harness, she responds to the slightest tug on the lead and goes left or right at my direction. She's still very keen to chase birds, squirrels, rabbits, floating leaves etc... but she hasn't pulled me to the ground or dislocated my shoulder since we got it. She stands & stares but seems to accept she can't take off. Walking with her is an absolute pleasure now, to the extent that I take her with me on my volunteer walk leader walks with members of the public, and both they and she are happy with her behaviour.

Word of warning, please get the right size - Kira is slightly between sizes, and now has a bald patch where the harness rubs beneath her arm a little. I'm keeping my eye on it, as I've heard huskies are prone to skin problems, but overall I'd thoroughly recommend this harness. Good luck!

Look into some training, I wont use a harness for general walking, harnesses are for pulling!

I can walk my sibe bitch in a flat collar, I can walk my 4 year old rescue sibe in a flat collar and my sammy is getting training and once he has gotten better he too will be walked in one. I am a strong believer in training before 'gadgets' :)