Why the Siberian?

SA DA KA

1) What made you choose the Siberian Husky as your choice of dog?

2) What year did you get your Siberian?

3) Did you get your Siberian as a Pup or a Rescue?

my parents went on holiday with my little brothers n saw one there , one of my brothers was obsessed with wolves at the time

so my dad started looking into huskies , they told me n that was that - i started doing more research n looking for breeders

2008 and 2010

both pups - one at 7 weeks n 3 days old the other at 14 weeks - she had a home before us but they tried to sell her on they had only had her for a week - breeder found out n it was a breach of their contract so he asked me to take her in , so shes KIND OF a rehome pup

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

my parents went on holiday with my little brothers n saw one there , one of my brothers was obsessed with wolves at the time

so my dad started looking into huskies , they told me n that was that - i started doing more research n looking for breeders

2008 and 2010

both pups - one at 7 weeks n 3 days old the other at 14 weeks - she had a home before us but they tried to sell her on they had only had her for a week - breeder found out n it was a breach of their contract so he asked me to take her in , so shes KIND OF a rehome pup

THANK YOU..........:pingu:

That is becoming very apparent lately, unfortunately.

I want to rescue every one I see on that darn craigslist.:mad:

Be careful of Craigs List. We have called on quite a few and as soon as they realize we are serious husky people, the dog is gone, just rehomed, or it never existed. They are often scams. :confused:

1. My girlfriend wanted a husky because she had one as a kid. I wanted a GSD. We got the husky. I didn't like him the first few months. He was only my second dog. I had a GSD collie mix as a kid, and she was much more obedient than the husky. The stubbornness really annoyed me. A few months later my girlfriend took a two week trip out of the country. she knew there was quite literally a chance that she was going to come home and find I had taken him to the pound. It turned out quite the opposite: I read the husky books she had bought me and during those two weeks me and the little guy bonded. That was about a year ago she took that trip. That goofy dog is like a kid to me now. I don't like taking trips because I miss him... And I miss the GSD we got in October. :)

2. We got him in november 2010

3. Local shelter rescue. He came in as a stray.

1. She was thrown from the back of a van as many of you know, so I'd lying if I said I specifically chose her. That said, the more I learn about huskies, the more fascinated I become, other dogs just don't compare.

2. 7th October 2011.

3. Bear was a rescue for sure! Ice was being kept in unsuitable conditions and was unwanted, so as we were considering getting another dog we thought we decided to take him on and boy is he happy now! Bear adores him too, so 2 happy endings in three months. No more though, 3 dogs are more than enough work!

1. She was thrown from the back of a van as many of you know, so I'd lying if I said I specifically chose her. That said, the more I learn about huskies, the more fascinated I become, other dogs just don't compare.

2. 7th October 2011.

3. Bear was a rescue for sure! Ice was being kept in unsuitable conditions and was unwanted, so as we were considering getting another dog we thought we decided to take him on and boy is he happy now! Bear adores him too, so 2 happy endings in three months. No more though, 3 dogs are more than enough work!

Thank you so much for putting your heart out to your pack and opening your home. You are so right, the Siberian is a very unique breed and it takes a very special person to own them.

Thanks for being a great guardian!

Husky Lovers in Vermont