City: 8 Pound Chihuahua is a Danger to Society

aronoiiel

I find it disturbing this owner is laughing this off. Not saying if I agree or disagree with the decision based on the little info that is given about the incident but the fact that this owner is not taking this seriously is a bad reflection on all small dog owners to me.

http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2012/02/city-8-pound-chihuahua-is-a-danger-to-society/

I agree with you that the owner considering that anyone should be able to protect themselves from even an 8 pound dog is asinine! I've been bitten once in my life (that I remember and really consider 'bitten' - play bites don't count!) and it was by a little rat!

I'd much rather face a shepherd then a terrier - the shepherd knows he's a big dog and doesn't have to prove it, the little rats with "I'm a big dog now!" attitude scare the hell out of me!!

Personally, I like the law here in Texas - the dog gets one free bite ( that doesn't mean mangling someone, it means literally one bite! ) after that the owner should know that the animal may bite for whatever reason and they don't make sure it can't then they have no dog (( argh!!! )) Almost without exception, the animal is put down on the second bite ...

I agree with you that the owner considering that anyone should be able to protect themselves from even an 8 pound dog is asinine! I've been bitten once in my life (that I remember and really consider 'bitten' - play bites don't count!) and it was by a little rat!

I'd much rather face a shepherd then a terrier - the shepherd knows he's a big dog and doesn't have to prove it, the little rats with "I'm a big dog now!" attitude scare the hell out of me!!

Personally, I like the law here in Texas - the dog gets one free bite ( that doesn't mean mangling someone, it means literally one bite! ) after that the owner should know that the animal may bite for whatever reason and they don't make sure it can't then they have no dog (( argh!!! )) Almost without exception, the animal is put down on the second bite ...

Have to say...i agree entirely with this. There are far too many aggressive dogs running around in this country.

As for the chihuaha....chihuahas are the nastiest aggressive dog I have ever met. I've met aggressive large dogs...aggressive medium dogs...but these little horrors are by far the worse! Nice ones, fine...but aggressive ones...the devil incarnate! The owner seriously needs to get a grip and take responsibility for her dog.

Wow. $1 million in insurance coverage. Ouch! I bet that raised up their insurance costs!

The owner was an idiot laughing it off, but it does seem a bit crazy that they city stepped in with such a small bite.

You have to be so careful with some dangerous dog laws. Like the family who almost lost their husky mix, cause it quickly bit and unfortunately killed with that bite a small off leash dog who came running and growling up to it. The husky mix was on a leash and the owners of the small dog just let their dog run loose in front of their home. The husky mix was supposed to be put down for killing another dosmestic animal, but I think there was enough outrage from the public and a few people didn't get voted back in and the husky was released back to its owners.