Should I take this back?

linuxnik18

Hello Everyone!

I just purchased a good bit of stuff today for the big day this weekend and do not think I did enough research for the food portion. I purchased Blue Wilderness Natural Evolution Diet -Puppy- and I have read a lot of posts on here but did not really see a true answer as to what it entails. I understand it is a high protein diet for him and I also read the sticky that said puppies need to be around 28% protein. The breeder says she is currently feeding him Simply Right. Should I purchase the same brand and easily work him into the Blue Wilderness? Should I not feed him the Blue Wilderness? Thoughts, Ideas, Comments will be appreciated greatly!

Thank you for all input,

Nik

Hi there,

I bet you can't wait! My personal preference is to keep pup on the same food as the breeder for at least 1 or 2 weeks and then gradually move over to a nnew food. Food changes can upset the tummy and so can distress. So, combining the 2 could make matters worse.

I don't know anything about that particular brand but i'm sure someone else can advise you on that front. Just remember, when you do switch, do so very gradually.

Can't wait to see some pics! :-D

You will need to try and keep him on the same for for a week while your pup adjusts and then slowly start mixing the new feed with it bit by bit. I dont remember off hand what the measurements should be tho. The puppy will probably end up with soft or runny stool for the first while too so dont worry :P