does anyone use a weighted harness or doggie backpack?

Luna's Mum

To try & combat Luna's barking we want to try & tire her out a bit more on walks. I can't really walk her any further on the morning walk because we're out for an hour as it is & I know it sounds selfish but I really can't get up any earlier!

So I wondered if a weighted harness or doggie backpack would help? Has anyone used them? Would it help tire Luna?

All advice welcome xxx

Ooh' date=' I'll have to pop in and have a look. Just want to see if anyone else uses them & whether it'll be effective xx[/quote']

It'll probably make her tired at first but then she'll get fitter and need more lol! I find that Teeko can be shattered after a good 30 min training walk! If we literally train and train the whole 30mins...bring him home and he's shattered.

Then I could also take him and just play at the beach....and that takes 2 to 3 hours before he's tired.

It'll probably make her tired at first but then she'll get fitter and need more lol! I find that Teeko can be shattered after a good 30 min training walk! If we literally train and train the whole 30mins...bring him home and he's shattered.

Then I could also take him and just play at the beach....and that takes 2 to 3 hours before he's tired.

Aaw noooo.....I didn't think about the whole making her fitter part!!! Then I'll be back at square one! She'll end up the fittest husky in the world....built like a tank!!

Aaw noooo.....I didn't think about the whole making her fitter part!!! Then I'll be back at square one! She'll end up the fittest husky in the world....built like a tank!!

Hehehe. Aww just get her a pal! Then she'll always be tired. Teeko had to be dragged from his bed for his walk tonight and he hadn't had one on the morning! Lol!

We just can't afford a friend at the moment, she use to have fur friends across the road but they moved : ( We meet up with them every other weekend & Luna goes nuts, she absolutely loves them!!!

I need to earn more before we can get a friend : (

That is the downside. Do you do much training with her? Really work her brain. Maybe get some of the agility stuff for your garden! I wanna get some just for fun! :-)

That is the downside. Do you do much training with her? Really work her brain. Maybe get some of the agility stuff for your garden! I wanna get some just for fun! :-)

She goes to an obedience class once a week but when the current term finishes we're going to switch to agility, I think she'd be awesome at flyball!!!

My sister had one for her retriever. It was awesome! I think I used it more than she did - I'd steal her dog to go on hikes and pack all my food and drink into his backpack so I didn't have to carry anything! He loved it - working dogs seem to just thrill when they're given a responsibility, no matter what it is!

Which reminds me - I should get it from her for Scout! It'd be perfect!