Bus driver uses bus to attack cyclist

Ravenwolf

I have to admit, I laughed when I saw the footage. I mean, it looks the the cyclist was being a complete ass-hat and riding right in the middle of the lane, holding up a ton of traffic behind him. The bus driver made him move.

Now, as far as I'm concerned, a vehicle is always a potential weapon and should be treated as such when you're driving it. So it does not surprise me and I applaud the judge who pointed that out at the sentencing. This was road rage gone way too far.

But at the same time, maybe this will be a little reminder to cyclists of their vulnerability. They share the road with motorists, they don't own it!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/feb/17/driver-jailed-bus-weapon-cyclist

LOL! Shouldn't be funny, I know, but if the stupid cyclist were to stay on the side of the road where he belongs then he wouldn't have gotten hurt.

At least the bus driver signaled he was changing lanes before hitting the biker. Although, I guess he could have just stayed in that lane to pass him.

I hate bikers like that, because even though the 'law' states that bikes count as vehicles and they 'can' be ridden like a regular vehicle...it doesn't mean they should! They're a danger to traffic, and are putting themselves into danger by thinking they have the 'right' to ride in the middle of the lane!

Sure, they may have the 'right', but don't be an asshat and abuse it!

That being said, I don't agree with the way the bus driver handled the situation (people are fragile!) because vehicles can be dangerous weapons, but bus drivers do have tight schedules to keep which is why they generally drive crazy in the first place.