Shock Collars

Smokey

Yeah nice video but:Your dog is on lead:). My did the same on lead;). Try to get dogs somwhere where is few dogs,people etc.Give to them run free and try recall.We know now the results:).

This is way i have used SC.I use only signal(BEEEPPPPP) not shock,dont need.The signal works perfectly,Leila running free always where is possible . As longyou do not tryyou do not knowhow yourdogwill behappyrunningfree:). I know this- 30 min free is better like 2 hours on laed.I can notimagine mydog on a leashkeep99% timeof his life:).My fears was big on the beginning but now i know SC is absolutly good specially if i dont use shock only signal. Butof course,educationdog is individual matter:).

Do you have a problem with the forum Arthur ? Your posts are most annoying to read with the multi use of font size and bold :mad:

If you are doing it to get noticed fine you have "STOP IT" :confused:

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but for some reason thats happen sometimes:confused:,dont know why. I dont change nothing,when i write post all is looks good but later not always.Unfortunately computers is not my friend:(.

This happen from beginning register to forum.

What can i say is Sorry.

how about calling them vibration collars instead of shock collars?

I'm on the fence with using them as i have never tried one but it's not an electric shock from what i've learnt, it's a vibration ?

I'm on the fence with using them as i have never tried one but it's not an electric shock from what i've learnt, it's a vibration ?

I try to explain how this works:Shock we know, Signall is like normal sound BEEEEEP, vibra hmmm if U put your mobile on table and swith only vibra this is how the vibra works on CS.

Each collar is different, some come with vibration features some dont... But they do all have the shock feature. It just depends on the signal strength used... many settings can not even be felt when I put it on myself

No one has brought this up so as I'm interested in the feedback...

When a dog is on a 50/100ft lead and runs to the end, depending on how fast he/she is going - when the lead snags tight and jerks on the dogs neck some times resulting in the dog doing a summer-salt in the air (i have seen this) ... that can cause pain/damage can it not?

No one has brought this up so as I'm interested in the feedback...

When a dog is on a 50/100ft lead and runs to the end, depending on how fast he/she is going - when the lead snags tight and jerks on the dogs neck some times resulting in the dog doing a summer-salt in the air (i have seen this) ... that can cause pain/damage can it not?

Only if u use a collar on a long line with a dog who will run 2 the end , it's common sense 2 use a harness with these leads if u have a 'bolter' , I won't recommend a long lead without telling someone 2 use a harness aswell so as not 2 damage a dogs neck

Sorry but for some reason thats happen sometimes:confused:,dont know why. I dont change nothing,when i write post all is looks good but later not always.Unfortunately computers is not my friend:(.

This happen from beginning register to forum.

What can i say is Sorry.

I think we know the reason it is happening !!!!!!!!!!! are you copying and pasting it from other websites by any chance ?

It just shows even a collar can be used in the wrong way which can cause pain, just like shock collars if used incorrectly.

On the same point, if the wrong harness is used (too small/too big) this can also do severe damage, as the front legs are held to the body by a ligament/muscle "sling" which can be torn and in the most extreme cases removed completely.

There are right and wrong ways for every "tool" ... collar, harness and the obvious shock collar.

I think we know the reason it is happening !!!!!!!!!!! are you copying and pasting it from other websites by any chance ?

No is not this. I think me pc need good scan . Some times ego my pc was virus attacked from facebook(some my friends sent to me link about pink facebook).this virus cancel 23000 picture and make me lots trouble.

Sorry for off top:)

It just shows even a collar can be used in the wrong way which can cause pain, just like shock collars if used incorrectly.

On the same point, if the wrong harness is used (too small/too big) this can also do severe damage, as the front legs are held to the body by a ligament/muscle "sling" which can be torn and in the most extreme cases removed completely.

There are right and wrong ways for every "tool" ... collar, harness and the obvious shock collar.

I think the difference is most people have the common sense 2 make sure a collar or harness is fitted and used correctly but with a tool such as an e-collar most people don't have the knowledge 2 use one correctly , just like a prong collar used the wrong way can cause a lot ov damage (more so then a flat collar and harness) most people will just get these tools stick them on the dog n expect a quick fix when they shouldn't b used without the proper knowledge n shouldn't b readily available to buy by any Tom Dick or Harry imo

I understand what you are saying, but I'm not comparing which tool can cause the most harm, but I am just stating a point that each and every tool CAN cause damage when used in the wrong way, whether it is a shock collar or not.

I understand what you are saying, but I'm not comparing which tool can cause the most harm, but I am just stating a point that each and every tool CAN cause damage when used in the wrong way, whether it is a shock collar or not.

No I agree with u but the problem is most people don't understand how 2 use certain tools and THAT is where the danger lies more people understand how 2 use a normal collar and harness then they do shock / prong collar etc

Agreed, unfortunately some people do not do the research beforehand... and we know that term very well being on the husky forum

That's what I've been tryin 2 say lol , most people will just buy one stick it on the dog n expect results without knowing or learning how 2 use one first which is where the danger lies , its also why we hear so many horror stories about them which is why the subject causes such a ruckus and why most people will b adverse to them without even learning about it , and that's up2 them , their decision , n it's also why they are banned in some places

Yes and it is the same reason why people who do know how to use them get the same bashing as those who don't

Unfortunately yes , but I never bashed u for using it , the same as when u posted it on a group elsewhere I never slated u then either , unfortunately if you DO use one u have 2 b prepared 2 b slated , when it has such bad press n u never see any good things posted about them everywhere it's something u have b prepared for (using the word you meaning people in general who use one , not just u)

It's the same reason the offlead debate gets so heated too

Yea shame I had to witness it first hand. I know I have never seen you bash any one :)

The general reaction to both topics is why as of recently I will only post such material on my own FB

Suppose sometimes it's better that way , unless things can b posted in a good friendly informative matter , this topic is staying pretty civil which is good :-)

totally agree with this. i think they should be banned, i would not use it on my kids and would not use it on my dog. i think they are cruel. my kids would be terrified of me and so would my dog. has anyone put this collar round their own throat and tried it by the way.

Yes I have put one on myself and many other people including kids (just for fun) - have you ever put one on yourself?

Did you see the video I posted of my dog earlier? Really doesn't look like a dog that is terrified of me...

My collar has a vibration option, but my dog actually finds it more aversive than the stim.

It really isn't remotely painful - most people can't feel the level my dog works on.

No I didn't but I will check that out soon, maybe 30mins okay.

Thanks I look forward to your response as I can't see how using the tool has caused any damage myself. As you missed it here it is again:

How does the dog know the correction came from you when you are using a remote training collar?

And what if you use the e-collar as a cue, not a correction?

I gather from your post HOTG that you are against using corrections at any time, if your logic is that corrections diminish the bond between dogs and owners.

This is my youngest dog who has been trained on a remote training collar, if anyone thinks that using one has ruined our bond (LOL) feel free to point out where and how.

mo1M9rBxOWQ