What is the purpose of our husky forum?

Smokey

I share a lot with you all; maybe too much sometimes but I don’t apologize for it. When I post a thread I find the responses I get very enriching and sometime even therapeutic. It’s been nearly a year since I’ve joined this forum and although I neglected it for a while, it’s always been here for me :). I still go back to some of my older posts and read through them (ex: http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/threads/am-having-cultural-dilemma-o.11757/). Of course I also enjoy responding to other threads especially videos and pictures and I do my best with what advice I can give.

So in light of all this, I just want to say thank you. In my eyes the purpose of this forum is to support each other and I’ve gotten that from all of you. I also use it to express my emotions (and I’m sure most of you realize that I’m a highly sensitive person). Lastly, I enjoy the creativity that it inspires in me as well as others. I am constantly thinking of ways to engage people with me and vice versa because of the commonality we share: our huskies.

I know this post is a EXTREMELY corny and I don’t expect any responses (in fact I’d appreciate if people didn’t respond at all cuz there isn’t much to say…) but I had to get these feelings out there.

However, if you’d like to share what you think the purpose of this husky forum is, I’d love to hear it!

Wow what a great post...I'm sorry but I have to reply :P

It's great to meet from from all walks of life you woudn't necessarily of met in the real world, but we have lots in common.

i have said this before but I am a very shy person so I feel I can talk with others about our common hobby..Our pets!..

I love this forum, everyone has good advice and was welcomed right from the start...hope to be around a long time

xxxxx

We all have one thing in common.

Our love of Huskies.

However we live in many different and diverse cultures and climates.

That's what makes this place so interesting.

That someone who lives in South Africa can help someone who lives in the Philipines .

That someone who has lived their whole life in Manchester UK can be very good friends with someone who lives in Northern Alaska.

That one animal, can unite us all is amazing.

Diverse Religions and philosophies aspire to it.

Huskies achieve it.

and

Husky-Owners is where we come to share it.

Can't add anything other than to say this place was set up so I could meet a few people locally (LOL!!) and get out more with my dogs, to share a common interest and hopefully make new friends......I think we can all say it has greatly surpassed this.

Members make this place what it is and you ALL rock :D

I have a slightly different take on the forum. Although I love huskies in general and Sabaka in particular, there are days when I don't really like him. We got Sabaka after being on a "dog break" for the previous 4 years, and we had forgotten how difficult it is to have a spirited, high-energy puppy in the house. We had our previous husky for 17 years, and it turns out that she was one of the more laid-back huskies. Our new guy is much more high maintenance. So, for me, some days I need to come here to be reminded how great huskies are, and to reinforce our choice to be husky owners again. So, thanks for helping me realize we're not alone on this crazy journey called husky ownership!

You and I have never met, and yet I missed you (a lot) when you didn't post much. That is what this place is, a bunch of friends from all over the world getting together with a common goal - our wonderful huskies, and all the other wonderful pets we share our lives with.

So what do I get outta it ???????????

I don't say much about the dogs............

Hardly ever post any pictures............

Never post a vid I don't think.......

Yet I come on here every single day and have done from the start what for ????????????

ITS YOU LOT its like reading a book or watching some weird film and I gotta watch it till the end to see what happens :D

I joined to learn as much as I could to be a better Husky Owner to our beloved Czar Demon and do things as best we could for him and gleen from your experience and vast knowledge of this remarkable, lovable, mischievous, sweet, people-loving, wild, outdoors loving, free-spirited, highly contagious breed we call OURS-the great Siberian Husky! However, its morphed into something much, much more-I've made and still am making great friends on here, friendships that will last a long time. You all are classy, witty, cheeky, caring, thoughtful, generous, fun-loving, adventurous people that come on here and make us all smile one face at a time. Its all thanks to you, Sarah and Marc for starting it, keeping it going and for the wonderful ideas you and staff put together-also to all the members who keep this as the best forum on any subject I've even heard of. You people keep it fun, happy and don't tolerate what ruins people's experiences on other forums-thank you all:up: for keeping this place the best forum in the world-and don't forget to vote for Husky Owners to back that up!! http://1award.co.uk/addvote.php?vote=9517 ;) To answer your question, Smokey, I think this place Husky Owners is to spread knowledge of the best breed and help out owners who need it so there Sibes don't end up in the pound like so many do to lack of knowledge, patience or other things we can help with to those owners so they can enjoy like we do their canine best friends to the fullest. It seems to have transcended that and become something more-its that plus alot more fun and a great bunch of people!! Thank you for a great experience, and for many more for the years to come! Czar Demon & Attila

Simply because Huskies are awesome, we all have so much to learn from one another whether it works for our dogs or not.

We share pictures, videos and explain in full detail how naughty or amazing our beautiful huskies really are!

There wouldn't be another forum where I'd be open to share my opinion because I know you wont bite my head off and crack it, I appreciate that! A lot!

The purpose of this forum? In my eyes, the main purpose is always helping others :) especially first-time owners :D other than that is probably to share stories about our husky's mischief so that we can feel better by hearing even worse stories from others :P in a non-husky related topic we help each other to walk past a distressing situation.. And happily congratulate one another to "celebrate" a joyful moment :) this forum is pretty much my second home now.. I really love it and can't imagine how bored I'd be without this place