F1 teams - Who's fastest?

Marc

OK guys we're a fair way through the testing, lets see some analysis :)

My thoughts.

Looking at the times people have been doing so far in different scenario

Redbull and McLaren look like they are likely to be the front runners again. But I'm gettin the feeling red bull are not gonna be near as quick as they were last year. They have lost the blowing of the exhaust gases that the car was practically built around in the previous 2 seasons so they are back at the starting point with regards to the structure of the car. The major advantage they have is that they have the best designer on board IMO.

Looking at the times from the last test session button looked fast. Redbull and Mercedees doing 1.23's on soft tires, and McLaren doing 1.23's on the hard tire. If pirelli are anything to go by they recon around 0.5-0.6 differents per lap between tires meaning McLaren were lookin pretty good. Obviously we dont know the fuel loads, but considering Buttons times were not increasing between coming into the pits for a while, that would suggest they were refuelling the car between stints. Also Mclaren have been going out on used tires, whereas RedBull are using new.

Ferrari seem to have been doing similar times, but using the super soft tires. Suggesting they do indeed have problems with performance. On top of this they have practically said as much when being interviewed. Worrying for them Im sure.

Mercedees and Force India have also been putting in some impressive performance in testing in comparison to last year and both seem to be happy with their cars.

My Prediction for a top 5 teams would be in the following order by the time we get to qualifying in Melbourne.

McLaren or Red Bull front runners

Mercedees

Ferrari

Force India

Bold statements? Maybe, we'll see

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a top tip from someone who works at Mercedes (the factory is only around 10 miles from my house)

He said back one of their drivers for the championship, they have a major development on the car and are not showing their true pace.

Not sure weather to believe him... Will have to wait a few more weeks I suppose.

Have to agree with your summary though mate.

I 100% agree gunna throw kimi into the mix somewhere too...

Yeah gotta admit Kimi gonna be one who's pushing through the top of the midfield if he has the car ... Question is, has he got the car? They has not done bad as Renault for the past few years so cant see any reason why not.

I just have to think about the number of times we have seen teams look good in testing only to fall at the first urdle (race)

So for a laugh...

My 2012 constructors championship prediction:

1. Red Bull

2. McLaren

3. Mercedes

4. Ferrari

5. Lotus

6. Force India

7. Toro Rosso

8. Williams

9. Sauber

10. Caterham

11. Marussia

12. HRT

I just have to think about the number of times we have seen teams look good in testing only to fall at the first urdle (race)

So for a laugh...

My 2012 constructors championship prediction:

1. Red Bull

2. McLaren

3. Mercedes

4. Ferrari

5. Lotus

6. Force India

7. Toro Rosso

8. Williams

9. Sauber

10. Caterham

11. Marussia

12. HRT

i would agree with this; but caveat if Merc are slow out of the blocks, come the 2nd half season, ferri could well jump to 3rd. if the others are middling midseason then i would fancy ferrari to win the season... they hate not being in contention - this sport is all about them dont forget...it!! lmao..... ...

I would love to see a "lotus" win this year.

:)

i would agree with this; but caveat if Merc are slow out of the blocks, come the 2nd half season, ferri could well jump to 3rd. if the others are middling midseason then i would fancy ferrari to win the season... they hate not being in contention - this sport is all about them dont forget...it!! lmao..... ...

I would love to see a "lotus" win this year.

:)

Agreed, The Lotus of Kimi ;)

my predictions for this season:

race winners

button, vettle, hamilton, kimi, alonso, webber, but cant really see massa up there i think his days have passed and will be replaced next season

constructors championship

1 Mclaran

2 Red Bull

3 Ferrari

4/5 Mercedes/Lotus

6/7 Williams/Force india

8 torro rosso

9 Sauber

10 Caterham

11 HRT

12 Marussia

my predictions for this season:

race winners

button, vettle, hamilton, kimi, alonso, webber, but cant really see massa up there i think his days have passed and will be replaced next season

constructors championship

1 Mclaran

2 Red Bull

3 Ferrari

4/5 Mercedes/Lotus

6/7 Williams/Force india

8 torro rosso

9 Sauber

10 Caterham

11 HRT

12 Marussia

Yeah I would like to see McLaren at the top and I have to agree with your 'HRT' & 'Marussia' order too due to Marussia not testing.

:ditto: - Vettel winning everything is bad for the sport... and where has all of this reliability come from!! Lets see some unpredictability by people breaking down every now and then lol

It Was worst last year than when Schumacher was winning all the time :(

One who finishes 1st LOL

Who ever came 1st in testing will FAIL in the season as always cos it's about testing selected parts and collecting data and not pure speed.

Vettel should win again cos they have something special on that car and no can copy cos they don't know how. 90% car and 10% driver. Move over to moto gp/sbk/bsb now that's a fun sport

One who finishes 1st LOL

Who ever came 1st in testing will FAIL in the season as always cos it's about testing selected parts and collecting data and not pure speed.

Vettel should win again cos they have something special on that car and no can copy cos they don't know how. 90% car and 10% driver. Move over to moto gp/sbk/bsb now that's a fun sport

Apart from vettel showing first in testing last year lol. Bit flawed there m8 bur i get what ya mean

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo wait a minute.. i think your all way way of the mark with your predictions...

:wtf: Williams 8th or Williams 6/7

come on people lets be serious... my team have been a disgrace... to place them as high as 8th is being silly but to say 6th or 7 th is just insane..

we have a useless car and useless drivers.. lets face it with Pastor Maldonado & Bruno Senna what chance have we ????

some bad decisions have been made over the past few years with car development and drivers but this year has got to be the worst choice of drivers

Red Bull 1st again.. two good drivers and a reliable car.

Mclaren 2nd 1 steady driver and 1 hot head.. but reliabilty issues

Ferrari 3rd only because i think ferrari . fernado and Felipe have all lost their edge.

Mercedes 4th watch out for Rosberg to out race Schuey 80% this year

i think the team who will surprise us most this year will be Force India

Actually I think Williams may have a suppising season this season in comparison to the previous ones. Biggest mistake they made, as stated by themselves, was letting Adrian Newey go. In fact I would say thats more "Absolutly off their rockers" than a mistake IMO.

Senna I think is actually a very good decision. He's a talented young driver. Dont forget it was his first season last year, and actually did pretty well considering the car.

Maldonado would have never driven again if it were up to me ... What he did at the end of qualifying with Hamilton was IMO purposeful, therefore dangerous. The guy should have been banned from ever getting into an F1 car for life.