opinions please :)

naomiJayne

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your proportions are quite good! I would encourage you to increase the darkness of your shading and go easy on the lighter sections on increase your contrast and really give her some depth.

Thanks for the feed back I should have used a heavier pencil in places but I don't have a huge range. I have a terrible habit (according to my old art teachers from school) of not looking at my subject enough when drawing from one, So i draw what I want to rather than what is in front of me - So alot of the parts on the drawing should have been lighter etc.

I'll try another one tomorrow maybe. This is the first time I've tried to draw her and I thought it would come out much worse :P

That looks noticeably improved for shading! Well done especially on the eyes!

I love them both! You're improving - the shading makes the picture have depth which really adds to its 'texture'!

Thank-you both :)

for the second one I made myself look at the photo more, rather than drawing what I wanted to.

Thank-you both :)

for the second one I made myself look at the photo more, rather than drawing what I wanted to.

One of the things that I like to do when working with animal subjects is to have multiple photos of the critter handy (though with Kira it's a lot easier since not only is she there but you know her well!). This allows me to get a better sense of the animal's personality and to see aspects and details that may be flat or missing from the subject photo. I feel that it really helps to capture the personality of the subject better.

One of the things that I like to do when working with animal subjects is to have multiple photos of the critter handy (though with Kira it's a lot easier since not only is she there but you know her well!). This allows me to get a better sense of the animal's personality and to see aspects and details that may be flat or missing from the subject photo. I feel that it really helps to capture the personality of the subject better.

My second one is definatly better. I have a while now till I get a day off but when I do I'll try another and keep what you said in mind :)