Family friend says dog that killed baby may have been trying to care for child

Elyse

The dog has been euthanized. Here is the article:

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/calgary/Airdrie+husky+that+killed+newborn+euthanized/6237214/story.html

If they seriously thought it was an honest accident I'm rather appalled that the dog was put down. But at the same time - I'm not so prepared to believe this was unintentional on the part of the dog. A dog is capable of being exceptionally gentle with its mouth, and from second-hand account (one of my friends is friends with one of the EMTs that responded) the injuries were pretty horrific. True that babies are delicate, and true that dogs pick up their pups by the back of the head, but it's also true that huskies go for the back of the head and shake when they seek to kill as well...

That erks me that they put that dog down...I dont even have anything to say to that. People will only see this and blame the breed my Bellatrix lives in Calgary and she cant even walk her dogs without people telling her she should put them down becasue its a terrible aggressive breed. I still dont believe the intent of the dog was vicious -sigh-