14:30 - 21:00 of swearing

Marc

Hi Guys,

Appologies for the downtime. This is probably the biggest failure we have ever had on husky owners unfortunatly today. My day today has consisted of:

14:30 - Server went down

14:40 - Rebooted server only to find I still couldnt get on

15:00 - Completely lost connection to all services including the server backend

15:05 - Rang hosting company for advice, only to be told they can connect to it therefore not a hardware failure. Since I manage the server itself, its my problem. Gets access to backend

16:00 - Hitting things by now as Ive gone around in so many circles I should be called a compass

17:00 - Still hitting the same brick wall and dont know what to do anymore. Now lost backend again. Set off home from work.

18:00 - Gets home, back on phone to hosting company to gain access to backend

20:00 - After another couple of hours Jos is now looking at error logs with me on the server. Still got serious issues.

20:15 - Decide to remove the hardware firewall on offchance (even though nothing has been changed since starting)

20:30 - Site back online .... Hmmm ... switched firewall back on (hardware firewall btw, nothing to do with server)

20:45 - Site back offline ...... Turn firewall back off

21:05 - Site back online

I then proceed to call the host and shout .... Loudly... All the settings I had changed to try and get the site back online were futile. There is an issue with the firewalls AND THEY KNEW ABOUT IT!!!

Needless to say, Im not a very happy chap tonight.... AT ALL.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are going to take everyone's suggestions to Marc, and we are going to use them on ourselves. We should be quite S-it faced very soon. We were stressed all Day. Bakery was slow due to the snow storm and no HO! :arghh: But Marc, we will drink one for you too!:thankyou:

Husky Lovers in Vermont

Marc, where would we all be, if it were not for you?

Sent from my HTC Desire using forumrunner.

This started before your timeline Marc was been running like a bag of sh@te for a couple of days on and off :confused:

Yeah, seen on the logs each night its had a few mins here and there its been down so wondering if thats the same issue and they've had the problem longer than letting on.