TV Anchor admitted She got too close

robke

Or knowing that you have a dangerous dog, you take the extra precautions out in public. Such as a muzzle and warning people to not get so close. According to the owner that was the first time that happened. And now hopefully the owner will be more careful. One bite shouldn't mean the end of a life. Yes, that could have been a child, but luckily for the dog and owner, it wasn't.

And now hopefully the owner knows better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he should of been PTS before someone else is not as lucky as the news girl :(

I'm curious why you think that? I partially agree in the sense that he did it suddenly and without much of a warning at all. But isn't it possible the problem could be fixed with the right training/owner. I think his owner is an idiot to be honest but that's just based on what I saw in that little bit of video. I'm not beating up your opinion Dunc LOL I'm actually very curious :)

One bite shouldn't mean the end of a life. Yes, that could have been a child, but luckily for the dog and owner, it wasn't.

And now hopefully the owner knows better.

Its this type off reaction that I find worrying..........

One bite.....

could have been a child.......

luckily for the dog and owner.......

Am sorry but you want to train this ???????????

Yes I don't only think the dog should be PTS but the program makers the stupid owner and the daft cow that stuck her face in the dog in the 1st place are all to blame :mad:

"Dog back with family after 10 day quarantine"

If no-one thinks this is wrong there is something wrong...........I would of got more than 10 days looking at ffs it could of been your child/family member :mad:

Now am all mad thats why I don't normally answer this type of question :(

Its this type off reaction that I find worrying..........

One bite.....

could have been a child.......

luckily for the dog and owner.......

Am sorry but you want to train this ???????????

Yes I don't only think the dog should be PTS but the program makers the stupid owner and the daft cow that stuck her face in the dog in the 1st place are all to blame :mad:

"Dog back with family after 10 day quarantine"

If no-one thinks this is wrong there is something wrong...........I would of got more than 10 days looking at ffs it could of been your child/family member :mad:

Now am all mad thats why I don't normally answer this type of question :(

So the dog got a lighter sentence from the sounds of it then if this had been say a child walking down the street that got in his face. I get it now. You're right though while I don't think at this point it should warrant being PTS I think that they slapped the dog on the wrist so to speak and let it go. "It's ok Max you had a rough week just no more biting ok". Kinda reminds me of these violent criminals that get out months after a murder/rape. Just don't do it again seems to be a mantra for them >_< I wonder what the owner is going to do. If he doesn't realize he has a dangerous dog he's a freaking idiot and shouldn't have that dog to begin with. Did they not even slap the dog with a dangerous dog title? After one bit aren't they supposed to do that?

the dog shouldnt of been returned to the owner. im sorry but if he couldnt read his dog then he shouldnt have him.

the dog was put in a situation which could occur again, in my opinion the dog should be handed over to someone qualified to look after him.

You cant guarantee that the owner will ensure he wears a muzzle while out in future so removing this dog from a "bad" (use that word loosley) owner to someone who can look after him properly would be in the best interest of the dog and everyone else.

Dunc, of course you're entitled to your opinion - but not everyone is necessarily going to agree with it :)

At best the dog was in a stressful situation - hell, people, lights, camera, crowds and then this - not too bright - lady gets into his territory! I'd think it was an almost expected reaction by that dog, almost any dog.

Given that the owner now knows that the dog can't handle stressful situations he will be expected to take extra precautions when something like this might occur - like possibly a muzzle.

Putting the dog down for a normal reaction in a stressful situation, I don't think so. But maybe that's a take on my Texan view that any dog gets one free bite - after that, there's no excuse, none!

It could have been much worse, thank the gods that it wasn't a child who wandered into his territory while he was stressed; but it wasn't and she understands that it was also her responsibility for getting that close to a strange dog.

shes lucky and im glad she doesnt blame the dog n realises she made a stupid mistake

i hope the owners have been given advice - or been TOLD to keep the dog leashed n muzzled at all times now tho - the dog did get away very lightly

granted the situation was stressful for the dog to make it snap in the first place tho n probably wouldnt have snapped had he not been there but it doesnt change that he did bite unfortuantely

im kind of on the fence with this

I was bit in the face by a Dalmatian when I was 4 years old because I got in her face. It definitely wasn't as bad as that, but I do still have a light scar on my cheek from it. Probably should have had a few stitches.

It was my and my moms fault. Even at 4 years old I knew that and never got in a dogs personal space again.

Could have been a child. It wasn't though, thank god.

And if that was my dog, I wouldn't be afraid to train him. I'd even willingly take him if he was rehomed and I didn't have any other dogs at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im so glad shes taking it the way she is its great. I am glad the dog was not pts it was situational and somone did something the dog did not like its not like the dog can say " oh hey dont do that I dont like that" Its an animal so stuff like that happens sometimes...doesnt make it an aggressive dog. Ive been bit in the face by a dog on the mouth as well and I had to get stitches I learned not to put my face near a dogs face. Im not afraid of dogs, I work at a grooming place part time :P You just have to remember that they are animals they cant speak :/ you take the risk of this happeneing at any point from being around an animal you can not predict them or know what they are thinking.