Logo

Laine

So I've been playing around with logo ideas for whatever kennel I decide to go with. Currently, I think this is possibly the best idea I've had/done. This logo was done by me in Photoshop.

lycoenix.jpg

While it says Lycoenix Kennels, that may not be the official name, although the font will probably stay the same since it does kind of go with the design.

I LOVE it. Just love it. And that font works very well with the theme of the image.

The only suggestion I would have for making it look even more spectacular than it already does is to make the 3 white points on the head (eyes, ears and lower marking point) a little more dramatic - either through slightly thickening the lines and/or a little bit more curve to them (to go with the already dynamic curves of the wings and neck markings). A little bit more of a softened bend to the ears might help, too; your muzzle is so refined with the dip to the lower jaw and skillful use of minimal lines to create the nose that a softer, less sharply triangular ear would add to the flow of the silhouette.

I would also complete the line at the bottom of the wing - the rounded edge of the white is at odds with the complete lines and refined points in the rest of the image.

But please take this only as constructive criticism from a perfectionist! It is also beautiful as is.

I LOVE it. Just love it. And that font works very well with the theme of the image.

The only suggestion I would have for making it look even more spectacular than it already does is to make the 3 white points on the head (eyes, ears and lower marking point) a little more dramatic - either through slightly thickening the lines and/or a little bit more curve to them (to go with the already dynamic curves of the wings and neck markings). A little bit more of a softened bend to the ears might help, too; your muzzle is so refined with the dip to the lower jaw and skillful use of minimal lines to create the nose that a softer, less sharply triangular ear would add to the flow of the silhouette.

I would also complete the line at the bottom of the wing - the rounded edge of the white is at odds with the complete lines and refined points in the rest of the image.

But please take this only as constructive criticism from a perfectionist! It is also beautiful as is.

LOL - actually I'm GLAD someone pointed out things I didn't see. This was done freehand in Photoshop (the only thing not done by hand was the paw just because I was lazy and found a RF image that looked exactly like I wanted) so when I sit down to do the real thing I'll be using the pen tool to make everything more even, or go into Illustrator for it to copy over. So all the little imperfections and stuff will be cleaned up then. I'll probably go with more curve to the lines in the areas you suggested and round up the ears slightly. And the rounded edge on the wing, yes, is noted and already slated to be fixed in the redo. I like the not quite "cut through" look of it, so I'll probably be tapering the edge, but I'll see if it looks all right first and if not, then just do as the others and cut totally through.

Thank you for the suggestions! When I get the redo done, I'll post it up to see how it turned out.

LOL - actually I'm GLAD someone pointed out things I didn't see. This was done freehand in Photoshop (the only thing not done by hand was the paw just because I was lazy and found a RF image that looked exactly like I wanted) so when I sit down to do the real thing I'll be using the pen tool to make everything more even, or go into Illustrator for it to copy over. So all the little imperfections and stuff will be cleaned up then. I'll probably go with more curve to the lines in the areas you suggested and round up the ears slightly. And the rounded edge on the wing, yes, is noted and already slated to be fixed in the redo. I like the not quite "cut through" look of it, so I'll probably be tapering the edge, but I'll see if it looks all right first and if not, then just do as the others and cut totally through.

Thank you for the suggestions! When I get the redo done, I'll post it up to see how it turned out.

That's all the more impressive! Do you have a tablet or did you do that with a mouse?!

Please do post the finished logo - I can't wait to see it!

That's all the more impressive! Do you have a tablet or did you do that with a mouse?!

Please do post the finished logo - I can't wait to see it!

I've got a Wacom Bamboo tablet. I wouldn't have the patience to do this with a mouse. :D

looks awesome, is the bamboo tablet good....ive been fighting between the bamboo and ituos tablet?!?!

cant wait to see the finished one

I like it, better than the intuos I had before. Even find the pen more comfortable for drawing with.

I've got a Wacom Bamboo tablet. I wouldn't have the patience to do this with a mouse. :D

Whew! If you had done it with a mouse this would have had to be me: :worship:

I've only recently acquired a tablet, so far I don't know how I ever worked in Photoshop without one!

Whew! If you had done it with a mouse this would have had to be me: :worship:

I've only recently acquired a tablet, so far I don't know how I ever worked in Photoshop without one!

LOL - my mouse isn't exactly great for something like this, neither is the table my keyboard and mouse are on; too uneven/wobbly. I have done stuff with a mouse though, I just quickly lose patience. :P