What is wrong with people?

Amey

So, this past friday, me and the OH were out getting something to eat and my aunt wanted us to get her drink. Well there was this guy there at the store. He said he needed to buy a car. Well, me being the nice person I am, I told him about our camaro. He said he wanted to come look at it. Well, I called my cousins, and they knew him and said he wouldn't bother us. How stupid were we? So he rode with us. Well, fast forward to hes test driving the car, mt boyfriend rode with him. And they came back. He said he didn't want it. We offered to take him back to where he was, but he said he was gonna walk. Well about five minutes later we rode up to my cousins house. We were there, probably no longer than 20 minutes. We passed, what looked like our car, well we didn't think anything of it because there is one that looks identical to ours. Well, we were heading to my moms and we passed our house and our front door was standing wide open. We turn around and go back. Our car was stolen, along with our PS3, a 1TB external hard drive. He didnt take the laptop, though it was laying on our bed. They caught him Saturday night, and he still had our stuff. Were going to get it all Friday, but what I don't understand is how hes out of jail. Hes only 22, and his record started in '07. He was out on a $20,472 bond. Now his bond is, $26,976. But I'm sure he'll be out soon. I'm so scared hes going to come back to our house.....

If he was out on a $20K bond and I presume from the way you phrase it still under bond, there's no way he should be released at his hearing.

Were it me, I'd ask my friendly local sheriff to give a quick run down on his record (he shouldn't tell you anything specific), but I'd then go to the judge who's going to hold his arraignment, explain the situation and express the opinion that he's been in once and didn't learn and that they should keep him a while this time (( request that he not be granted bail )).

'Course, that makes you the bad guy .....

It's terrible, I've lost all sense of security in my own home. And it seems its never going to come back. My boyfriend works third shift, 5pm-4am. I'm scared to death to even go in my house.....I know I have my dogs, but I wouldn't want them to get hurt trying to protect me. Plus, Valentime, isn't really aggressive. I want to get another husky puppy, and was thinking about having it trained in some type of protection training. Any opinions?

How awful :(

BTW, huskies are awful protection dogs

So I've heard. May just get me a German Shepard, or my life long dream dog, a Doberman Pinscher.

Thats horrible! You must be really scared at the moment :( massive hugs to you! :grouphug:

And yes, I'm absolutely scared to death. All sense of security is gone...

One of these might make you feel better

:doglaugh:

Amey I believe you must be very terrified right now, but don't frighten yourself too much by your own imagination. I've experienced burglary once and I'm so very terrified the day after (the thief didn't even got caught) but being overly-protective is not good either... Calm down, it's not like such a "professional" thief would rob the same house twice :)

Its not that, but I do know he will more than likely come back. Hes a bad druggie, and will kill whoever. My family knows him, and knows what hes done. That is why I'm so scared. 2 weeks ago he drug his grandmother out into the middle of the road and said he was the devil and put a knife to her throat.

A trained protection dog doesnt really belong in an average family home IMO

I'm just wondering why you feel this way. If I do get a doberman, that is what it will be trained in, if he/she likes doing it....if not then I will find something else.

I'm just wondering why you feel this way. If I do get a doberman, that is what it will be trained in, if he/she likes doing it....if not then I will find something else.

I personally think protection dogs do not make good 'pet' dogs. I have seen and worked briefly with protection dogs and I would not have one in my house.

Much the same as a proper working sled dog doesnt make a good 'pet'

IMO protection dogs should be used by police/high profile security guards/the army etc. NOT by joe bloggs to protect their house.

q

I personally think protection dogs do not make good 'pet' dogs. I have seen and worked briefly with protection dogs and I would not have one in my house.

Much the same as a proper working sled dog doesnt make a good 'pet'

IMO protection dogs should be used by police/high profile security guards/the army etc. NOT by joe bloggs to protect their house.

Well good thing everyone is entitled to there own opinion. But a protection dog is the only defense that can't be taken away unless the dog is injured. And I am a member of a doberman website and most of there dogs are trained in protection work, and there dogs are perfectly normal.