Husky sleeping with you on your bed

Aya

I don't mind Echo sleeping in my bed.. she sleeps all night like a rock, doesn't take up much space and while not blowing her coat, barely sheds. However, when bedtime rolls around, I have to rush to get to my spot, because she loves to try and take it if I'm not there.. it turns into a wrestling match sometimes if she's extra stubborn that night :lolman:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Teeko wouldn't even sleep upstairs if I asked him too! He loves the kitchen. I once left the kitchen door open at bedtime and he paced and whimpered until I closed it (he has definitely got ocd this one!).

Keeta would sleep wherever teeko is sleeping.

We do sometimes let them both up onto the bed for a sunday morning chill out! And I have been known to bring them both up and go back to sleep when i'm on holidays lol.

Mine neither ;)

[ATTACH=full]40700[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]40699[/ATTACH]

Mine sleep where ever they want. Mya sleeps on the bed with me all night and Storm swaps between the bed and the floor beside me. Yes there is fur on the bed but I just hoover it, literally. Love waking up to husky :doglick:

Nah, us either...post-7782-0-99541800-1388115944_thumb.jp

post-2509-13586023575382_thumb.jpg

LOL, some very nice and funny responses. Mine doesn't understand "off" yet which means off my bed, but she generally sits and waits for me to say "up" before jumping on my bed. She has 2 beds (costs a fortune) one inside my lounge room and one outside for her comfort (some days are hot) and she doesn't like being indoors - also I have no AC at the moment but hopefully will install one this summer. During the day (especially after walks) she sleeps on her bed in the lounge room but at night she sleeps with me on my bed, and I'm pretty sure if I placed her in her own bed she wouldn't get cry or try to get back on my bed (I've done this on occasion). Aya is quite calm and benevolent, she displays some leadership qualities (in particular the ignoring and evil stare she gives when she doesn't want to listen) and to be honest she is quite lazy - she has tremendous energy but around the house she just lies around or lies next to me wherever I am. And thanks for the response guys, seems there are people who sleep with their huskies and people who don't - although most prefer the latter.

The beds are the only furniture that we allow Sabaka to be on. He jumps up on our bed every night while we're getting ready for sleeping, but when it's time to sleep, then we make him go to his crate, which is near our bed. We may allow him freedom during the night when he's older, but I'm not sure, because he's not a morning dog, and he doesn't wake up in his crate until we tell him it's time to get up. That's pretty nice! I'd hate for him to start thinking he can decide when we all have to get up.

Nope, no babies in the bed. lol yea right....post-2355-0-61355300-1388175781_thumb.jp

Valentime usually sleeps at the foot of the bed. Now our bed has downgraded atm to a twin bed. :( So you can imagine, me, my OH, Valentime, Kodi, and Demon some nights. Just depends on if hes wanting to mark everything, or if there fighting. But Valentime, idk since we got robbed, I think she knows I'm scared and she is sleeping right beside me and will not move unless she hears something. Kodi isn't very bad about wanting in the bed, hes content with just making a bed outta my dirty clothes. He says its better than any pet bed I could buy him. But when I get really sick, like, example, last year I had strep throat. Kodi knew I was sick and kept holding my chest. I was laying on my back and he came over and got up on my chest and slept there all night. Ever since then, when I get sick, he is there. Sometimes I think my dogs know me better than I do myself.

post-6009-13586023621463_thumb.jpg

Polee will sleep on the bed during the day or at nights if I'm watching TV in bed but as soon as I say it's bedtime she jumps off and goes to sleep on the landing. I think this is because she's scared of missing something during the night and knows that nobody can sneak passed her if she's on the landing

Kira is always on my bed. I put a cover over my duvet to keep the husky hair to a minimum in the day. If I'm home alone or of the OH doesn't notice she sleeps on the bed at night too. If the OH notices her sneaking up next to me he sends her to her cushion bed thing o. The floor at the foot of our bed. My bed is right by the window and kira loves to lay next to it when it's open to stick her nose out the side ( its a tilt and turn window not a normal one )

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?klltyg

I personally feel that the bed is the domain of the pack leader and therefore people should remember about dog hierarchy.

I personally find this notion quite silly, considering it's natural for a pack to sleep together with each other. Dogs don't naturally sleep by themselves, they are pack animals.

I don't care if people want their dogs on the bed and I don't see anything inherently wrong with it. I am happy to let my dogs sleep with me on the bed if I say it's ok. I would suggest if someone was having a lot of issues with their dogs to restrict privileges like being on the bed, furniture, etc until the behaviourial issues were under control just to implement more structure in the dog's lives and build more value for the owner, but I definitely don't think having a dog sit with you or sleep near you creates "dominance" problems.

I do think it's important for dogs to be able to sleep away from you if need be though. I personally wouldn't have my Sibe sleep on my bed all night because he's just too big!

I personally find this notion quite silly, consider it's natural for a pack to sleep together with each other. Dogs don't naturally sleep by themselves, they are pack animals.

I don't care if people want their dogs on the bed and I don't see anything inherently wrong with it. I am happy to let my dogs sleep with me on the bed if I say it's ok. I would suggest if someone was having a lot of issues with their dogs to restrict privileges like being on the bed, furniture, etc until the behaviourial issues were under control just to implement more structure in the dog's lives and build more value for the owner, but I definitely don't think having a dog sit with you or sleep near you creates "dominance" problems.

I do think it's important for dogs to be able to sleep away from you if need be though. I personally wouldn't have my Sibe sleep on my bed all night because he's just too big!

I agree as long as the dog knows your in charge and these types of treats are on your terms it's fine.

The only time Shadow will get on our bed is when me and hubby are both out of the house, thats his chosen place to sleep when we are out at work. All the encouragement in the world will not get him on the bed if we are in it...hubby picked him up and put him on our bed the other Sunday for a cuddle and he just sat there with a look of horror on his face as though he knew he should totally not be there! He does sleep in our room though, normally right behind the door so no one can get in or out once he has planted his chunky monkey backside down for the night :D

Dogs on the bed - what an outrageous notion!!!............well, maybe.......

Beddogs2.jpg

They should be on the sofas where they belong!!

frontroom1.jpg

Mick

Bloody incredible, how much huskies do you actually own? lol, don't think I could own that much ... Never a quiet day in your household then eh? One husky is bloody tough enough, can't imagine like 10 which I can count on your picture. Btw they are all beautiful, do they all eat the same food at the same time? and is there no fights during meal time?

Dogs on the bed - what an outrageous notion!!!............well, maybe.......

Beddogs2.jpg

They should be on the sofas where they belong!!

frontroom1.jpg

Mick

Wow!!! How many??.. I hope one day i can have a pack like that...

Bella either sleeps on my bed or i sleep down with her.. The other night she slept on the cold floor in the kitchen, i didnt sleep well that night, it felt wrong not being i. The same room as her.

We've got ten of our own (plus a Leonberger and a Shiba Inu) plus 18 year old Razz who boards with us 6 months each year, plus the odd rescue foster at any time.

They all get fed together with no problems. Currently our two rescue girls, Mia and Tahnee are the two who sleep on the bed:

c03cbe18.jpg

Mick