which food for our husky

Siberianski

We bought a husky recently and she is doing brilliant but we are not sure which dog food to put her on.

She has been on bakers puppy dry food but i have been doing abit research and found it aint the best. Ie loads additives low protein content etc

The breeder we got Aurora from said huskies can sometime be prone to zinc deficiency. As a result of this she always feeds her pups on bakers puppy as it has a decent zinc content. What are peoples thoughts on this??? We have two other dogs and they are on wagg, our breeder gave us a 3k box of the bakers puppy food.

I have heard autarky is very good what can you guys recommend, our pup aurora has just turned ten weeks old

I have been feeding Wellness Core for a number of years with much happiness, just today I've started the switch to Taste of the Wild High Prairie (for cost/availability reasons). I have only had one Siberian that we were concerned about ZDD, but it turned out to not be the case, more commonly I've had issues with grains and Siberian stomachs.

http://www.tasteofthewildpetfood.com/products/dogs/dry_food/high_prairie_canine_formula/

Well i have been recommended to autarky which has around 28percent protein content

If you go to http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com , then they have reviews of different dog foods as well as an ingredient list (you want at least the first 3 or 4 ingredients to be meat products), approx. prices, and are rated using a 5 star system.

Here is one brand of Autarky, if you noticed it is rated 3 stars out of 5 (which is okay), and it's also helpful to read reviews because they have pros and cons...

after having alot of trouble with my 12 month male i feed him Orijen. the ingredients is really enough to convince you ---

Deboned chicken (25%), dehydrated chicken (17%), deboned salmon (10%), dehydrated turkey (7%), dehydrated herring (7%), russet potato, peas, sweet potato, deboned turkey (3%), whole eggs (3%), chicken liver (2%), deboned lake whitefish (2%), deboned walleye (2%), alfalfa, pea fiber, chicken fat (2%), organic kelp, pumpkin, chicory root, carrots, spinach, turnip greens, apples, cranberries, blueberries, licorice root, angelica root, fenugreek, marigold flowers, sweet fennel, peppermint leaf, chamomile, dandelion, summer savory, rosemary.

80% Meat, 20% Fruit & Vegetables, 0% Grain We use ingredients that are sustainably raised within our region by people we know and trust, approved ' fit for human consumption,' and then delivered to our door FRESH. And as dogs of all breeds and sizes are carnivores - evolved to thrive on a varied diet rich in meats, with smaller amounts of fruits, vegetables and grasses - ORIJEN ADULT features a Biologically Appropriate (80.20.0) ingredient ratio of 80% meat, 20% fruit and vegetables, and 0% grain - all slow-cooked at low temperatures to retain their natural goodness. All dogs are adapted for a diet rich and diverse in meat proteins - not grains and plant proteins. With 80% of poultry, eggs, meat and fish,ORIJEN features high ratios of meat and protein to mirror the natural diet. The natural diet is seasonal and diverse, so ORIJEN ADULT features 6 fresh meats, including free-run chicken and turkey, chicken liver, and whole eggs, and a superb selection of wild-caught fish - all delivered fresh each day!

Thanks chris i have heard that ie better quality food they need less of it etc

Assume its kinda like me i am a bodybuilder and eat a mega strict diet and when i go to the loo stools arent huge as there isnt much waste

cool because at the minute aurora is on bakers puppy and i have a free sample of some eukanuba and it is like a conveyor belt food goes in and then comes straight out other end two three hours later.