What to feed a sensitive husky to beef him up.

Chris83

hi peoples

i have started working my two, my male is 12 months and is just going through a growth spert he has gone really leggy and thinned out quite alot. i feed him orijen which is awesome for him but i want to give him some higher calorie foods on the days hes not working to help him gain a little weight and muscle but as his tummy is so se sitive i dont know what try any suggestions?

How much are you working him? If he's only 12 months, and as you say, into a growth spurt, his joints are still developing. Too much exercise could be harmful if it is too hard. You might try some plain yogurt to supplement his intake, a raw egg once a week, and perhaps some peas, carrots, and sweet potatoes to give him some good carbs.

Sent from my HTC Desire using forumrunner.

I had a picky boy who we've had problems keeping weight on. We were given this recipe for Satinballs it worked really well for us! There are a bunch of varieties on the recipe you can find online.

5 pounds ground meat

5 cups Total

5 cups oats (slow cooking type)

2½ cups raw wheat germ

¾ cup oil

¾ cup molasses

6 egg yolks

5 packets gelatin (non-flavored)

2 ½ tablespoons Solid Gold Seameal supplement

Mix up, form balls, freeze, feed as
treats
or food
supplement

Mix all ingredients together thoroughly like you would a meatloaf.

Roll into balls no larger than 1 inch diameter.

Divide into at least 6 separate containers or bags. Freeze. Thaw as needed for feeding.

Satin Balls are a supplement to a regular diet designed to add weight to under weight dogs. Satin Balls are NOT a full spectrum diet in and of themselves.

Sorry I had pmd this to Chris earlier. UK version. Fatty Patty:D I have also put this on Marley Bear & Lumi's Mummy tread.

500g mince meat cheep and fatty

half jar peanut butter

half jar pure set honey

1 tub soft cheese full fat

1 tud bouble cream full fat

1 cup/half mug of oil.. olive/cod liver

500g rolled oats

6 egg yolks (yellow) and the shells

6 cloves garlic chopped or crushed

Do this in the sink bowl, get some plastic gloves also.

Put oats in first, then all the wet, mix and allow to soak 10 mins, put raw meat in last. Make into burger size give 2 a day after they have had daily feed. If its too wet add more oats if too dry add more oil. You can also double the amount to make more. freeze on layers of greese proof paper.

Go to Aldi for stuff it all there.