This musher should be banned from animals for life

Michelle Melsom

Somone posted this video in a group on facebook today. I am appauled his dogs are obviously tired and done but he doesnt care -.- when he puts the one dog in the sled he tells it to "f off"

SfRFqM-zbP4

This is the link the person on facebook gave everyone to complain

http://www.fistc.com/content/board.htm

Apparently he is only suspended until another hearing :/

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, though, people like that make me sick. It's gotten to the point that I try to avoid news stories like this, because I KNOW I'm going to end up angry/depressed/wanting to kill them...and I'm afraid it might make me callous! Which isn't good, considering I'm going into the wildlife field!

Hmm from what I understand (which isn't much lol) from the comments on the vid he has been suspended and is under investigation? Not sure why anyone there didn't stop him I mean was this just a run or were there officials of some kind there that should've stepped in? Either way those dogs are exhausted and down right tolerant at that. If it were me I would gave him what for man handling me like he did those poor dogs :(

The body language those dogs were giving him was terrible, they were obviously scared of him, cowering.

They were exhausted and had enough!

Some people take animals for granted and only care about the ribbon or 'name' at the end, people need to think of the animals way before themselves.

He needs to be banned and have his dogs taken away from him, he obviously doesn't care for their health, or them for that matter.

Hmm from what I understand (which isn't much lol) from the comments on the vid he has been suspended and is under investigation? Not sure why anyone there didn't stop him I mean was this just a run or were there officials of some kind there that should've stepped in? Either way those dogs are exhausted and down right tolerant at that. If it were me I would gave him what for man handling me like he did those poor dogs :(

I think that one lady was trying to do something? I think it was the same person doing the video? But ill never understand becasue I dont know what they are saying >.<

There is that link you can complain to the board about him maybe itll help give him a harsher punishment when he goes in for the other part of his eval

Thank you :)Yeah i did click the link but was a bit unsure at who i should contact to complain about him? ( i am half asleep mind )Will get my OH to do the same.

this is the link to the official website where you see all email addresses to email should you wish (hope this is okay Marc / Sarah / Dunc)

http://www.fistc.com/content/board.htm

The musher has been suspended but there is complete uproar on how his dogs were treated so hopefully further action will be taken for the welfare of the dogs.

These are the two replies i've had so far:

Hello

It does not look allright, and the musher should have acted otherwise - yes, but the Race jury with our director for Animal Wellfare, ane the Racemarshal plus the responsible for the race acted on Site -- not on the video and with Mr. Ferrari present.

The public is now acting very emotionally on the video with no respect for the musher.

He is now being "hanged" in public with no chance to defend himself!

I am the secretary of the FISTC Board and was not present and am because of this only able to be in contact with those boardmembers who were there.

I am confident that we will inform fully on our Website: www.fistc.com very soon.

Kind regards

and from the vet

Dear .....

I left the FISTC board last december, so I was not there. I saw the video and I completely agree with you, I have fate in the FISTC board that thry will take appropiate meadures against this musher.

Best regards,

Arno Roos

that awful just awful how could anyone treat dogs like they but the way they are acting makes me wonder if he treats them like that when people are around what do those poor dogs go through behind closed doors the dogs are clearly scared. he needs a good kick in if you ask me grr hes made me angry now !!!!