This musher should be banned from animals for life

Michelle Melsom

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Solitary Howl said everything we are feeling at the moment, and we just can't add anything else that wasn't said by her. We watched only seconds of it and had to stop. Reading the threads told us everything about it!:angry1::arghh::jawdrop:WE ARE SO PISSED!!!

this is the link to the official website where you see all email addresses to email should you wish (hope this is okay Marc / Sarah / Dunc)

http://www.fistc.com/content/board.htm

The musher has been suspended but there is complete uproar on how his dogs were treated so hopefully further action will be taken for the welfare of the dogs.

These are the two replies i've had so far:

Hello

It does not look allright, and the musher should have acted otherwise - yes, but the Race jury with our director for Animal Wellfare, ane the Racemarshal plus the responsible for the race acted on Site -- not on the video and with Mr. Ferrari present.

The public is now acting very emotionally on the video with no respect for the musher.

He is now being "hanged" in public with no chance to defend himself!

I am the secretary of the FISTC Board and was not present and am because of this only able to be in contact with those boardmembers who were there.

I am confident that we will inform fully on our Website: www.fistc.com very soon.

Kind regards

and from the vet

Dear .....

I left the FISTC board last december, so I was not there. I saw the video and I completely agree with you, I have fate in the FISTC board that thry will take appropiate meadures against this musher.

Best regards,

Arno Roos

Why should we have respect for the musher? its obvious the dogs are done but he keeps trying. Imo there is no way he can defend himself its on a video ffs he hung himself.

Somone posted this video in a group on facebook today. I am appauled his dogs are obviously tired and done but he doesnt care -.- when he puts the one dog in the sled he tells it to "f off"

SfRFqM-zbP4

This is the link the person on facebook gave everyone to complain

http://www.fistc.com/content/board.htm

Apparently he is only suspended until another hearing :/

im glad its b een remo2ved it dosnt do me any good to see things like this ....esp when i cant do anything about it ...well you know the old saying " what goes round comes round"...his turn will come ....

The original video is still on the web. Don't bother if you have already seen it, it's the same. Just posting it here for those who haven't seen it and are still curious: http://mushing-greenhorns.de/IT/video/Ferrari2012_Gryon_Suisse.mp4

People like that should not be allowed to own such wonderful dogs they look as if there scared stiff of him bloody shame. Makes you just want to go cuddle and protect them:(

Edit BlueWolf: Fixed the mangled message for ya ;-)

Good news people! Claudio di Ferrari received a lifelong ban on the participation of sleddog races anywhere in the world :clap: The organizer of the race has also started an investigation. However there is still much commotion about the officials in the video that did not seem to do anything about the situation. According to the regulations they where not allowed to intervene with the participators (which makes you wonder why they where even there!). After this incident this is probably - and hopefully - going to change.

I wish I knew more about what will happen with the dogs but couldn't find any more info on that. Local breeder had it on its homepage and after a quick search through (mainly Dutch and German) sites they all confirmed it. Wish there would be an official report of it in some kind of way. The only thing the site has to report about it is:

"The FISTC Board has instructed a Disciplinary Commission to enquire about the facts shown on the video involving the musher n° 43 during the race in Gryon. Everything necessary must be done to secure the animal welfare in our sled dog sport, but in a legal way, and the rights of defence must be respected like in all our democracies."