Animal lovers across Canada want to adopt dog that killed newborn in Alberta

Elyse

"A family friend has said the baby was crying in his crib, and the dog was likely trying to comfort him when it bit him once in the head. The female dog had previously given birth to several litters of puppies."

'nuff said. Don't kill a dog for it's instincts.

I was just looking for the other post about this incident - I was just watching Global news in Edmonton tonight - the family has decided to euthanize the dog, despite all of the offers for adoption.

Oh my god, really!? :(

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/alberta-family-euthanize-pet-husky-that-killed-newborn/article2356077/?utm_medium=Feeds%3A%20RSS%2FAtom&utm_source=Home&utm_content=2356077

Bet they wouldn't have raised nearly as much if people knew they were going to put down the dog. I really think they should have given the dog to someone else far away. Maybe they're not telling the whole story?

"A family friend has said the baby was crying in his crib, and the dog was likely trying to comfort him when it bit him once in the head. The female dog had previously given birth to several litters of puppies."

'nuff said. Don't kill a dog for it's instincts.

Bet they wouldn't have raised nearly as much if people knew they were going to put down the dog. I really think they should have given the dog to someone else far away. Maybe they're not telling the whole story?

I talked again to my friend who knows one of the EMTs who responded to the call. The mispromotion of the incident seriously bothers me. According to the EMTs, there is no way it was a single bite, and the wounds were horrific. Everyone was genuinely shocked that the baby lived as long as it did.

I suspect that the only reason this is being downplayed so much is because the dogs were allegedly kenneled downstairs, so technically due diligence was done on the part of the parents. However, I still question why a 2-day old infant was left to cry for long enough to agitate the dog into busting out of her kennel, going upstairs, and mauling the baby...