I need some help and advise please!!!

Donna-Sasha

Sasha is now 11 months old and however good she is when I'm at home with her when she is left while I work she chews up my sofa!!!

I brought a new sofa 3 months ago and she has completely destroyed it so yesterday I got a second hand one and jus got home but again she has chewed the soda arm off. I have another 2 sweater and a single chair which she doesn't even touch so I don't understand why she is doing it to one and not the rest.

I walk her daily and leave a numerous amount of treats for her so does anyone have any suggestions??? She isn't crate trained as I tried when she was younger and she hated being in a closed space.

My partner is getting to the point where he has had enough and I've told him if the dog goes I'm going with her lol.

Any suggestions at all would be great.

i personally am not a lover of crate training but i know a lot of people on here will crate there dogs whilst out.and i think you only have 2 options .. either crate or outside kennel. she may not like either but if you are persistant she will get used to it.

either that or move out and find a new partner !!!

i personally am not a lover of crate training but i know a lot of people on here will crate there dogs whilst out.and i think you only have 2 options .. either crate or outside kennel. she may not like either but if you are persistant she will get used to it.

either that or move out and find a new partner !!!

I'm not really liking the thought of an outside kennel though but if it's an option I will most probably try it!!!

I'd never crated until I got Ryn. My first husky absolutely hated it - though he did ok when closed in the bathroom while we were gone (as a pup).

The easiest way I found to begin was to place the crate beside the bed at night. If I placed the crate anywhere else, little Ryn would scream bloody murder. Yet beside the bed, she was quiet and slept through the night. (She now sleeps at the foot of the bed without being crated).

Anyway, I would start by putting them in the crate for short periods of time. Let them know that they always get released. Praise and treats (and patience) go a long way.

Check out this thread on crate training...it should help a lot: http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/threads/crate-training-ideas.24803/

I'd never crated until I got Ryn. My first husky absolutely hated it - though he did ok when closed in the bathroom while we were gone (as a pup).

The easiest way I found to begin was to place the crate beside the bed at night. If I placed the crate anywhere else, little Ryn would scream bloody murder. Yet beside the bed, she was quiet and slept through the night. (She now sleeps at the foot of the bed without being crated).

Anyway, I would start by putting them in the crate for short periods of time. Let them know that they always get released. Praise and treats (and patience) go a long way.

Check out this thread on crate training...it should help a lot: http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/threads/crate-training-ideas.24803/

Thanks I will give it a go once I find a suitable crate for her.

Will also check that link out as I don't know where to start :-)

I wasn't a fan of crating....until I actually used one. Both of ours love going in the crate so I feel no guilt about using one now.

Just take your time and make it a nice place to be. Oh and the trickiest bit we found was getting them used to the noise it made when they stepped in so we left the water and food in the crate for a week before we started actual crate training.

I wasn't a fan of crating....until I actually used one. Both of ours love going in the crate so I feel no guilt about using one now.

Just take your time and make it a nice place to be. Oh and the trickiest bit we found was getting them used to the noise it made when they stepped in so we left the water and food in the crate for a week before we started actual crate training.

Ok thanks for the tips!! Sounds like it is going to be a long process but hopefully it will be worth it as I have completely run out of ideas now.

I'm not really liking the thought of an outside kennel though but if it's an option I will most probably try it!!!

my 4 are outside in their kennel when ever i am not home.. admittedly it is a nice size kennel with plenty of play area and plenty of places to shelter..personally i think it is better and kinder for them than crating .

as you can see plenty of room for play and they have the white box and brown tall thing to shelter in and as of recently the shed has been converted to a 3 level kennel thats insulated for them during colder days. but i dont think you need as big as i have for just one dog.... maybe get a 2nd to keep her company and to play with :lolman:

post-40-13586023671014_thumb.jpg

my 4 are outside in their kennel when ever i am not home.. admittedly it is a nice size kennel with plenty of play area and plenty of places to shelter..personally i think it is better and kinder for them than crating .

as you can see plenty of room for play and they have the white box and brown tall thing to shelter in and as of recently the shed has been converted to a 3 level kennel thats insulated for them during colder days. but i dont think you need as big as i have for just one dog.... maybe get a 2nd to keep her company and to play with :lolman:

Would love that...and it was the original plan...but my policeman dad recommended strongly against it incase some dodgy character decided to steal my dogs (and I live in a nice area too! Whats the world coming too?!). That and the fact Teeko didn't want to be outside lol!

[ATTACH=full]40782[/ATTACH]

Wow....now that is a nice outside kennel!!! Your dogs must love it out there as I know sasha would if she had all that space. Did think about getting another one so she wasn't on her own but thought that might just add to my problems!!