Deleting our own messages

Removed #5

that haven't been replied to yet.

I think all of us (( except the experts here )) have done it, we hit save twice so we get the same message twice, or like I just did, rather than editing my message I replied to it -- stup!!

It sure would be nice to be able to correct these ourselves ....

I like that we are unable to delete our comments, It gives the admins that little bit more power!

Like, if someone had a go at someone.. they could go ahead and delete it!

If a delete button come into play I'd screen shot a lot!

And that is the reason you cant :)

Soz Al :)

I like that we are unable to delete our comments, It gives the admins that little bit more power!

Like, if someone had a go at someone.. they could go ahead and delete it!

If a delete button come into play I'd screen shot a lot!

I think you missed (or I Missed) my comment that the message had not been replied to yet - I don't expect to be able to delete a message from the middle of a thread. Just those times where we've done something, basically stupid, and want to correct it.

We have someone commenting "double post, oops" at least once or twice a week. It's those and other like it that I'm asking to be allowed to delete. Or my dumb mistake where rather then editing a message of mine, I hit reply (( brain fart, I guess )).

And I'm sure that none of us have ever hit "Post Reply" looked at the message and said "I really shouldn't have said that. (( I know read it BEFORE you post, but sometimes it looks okay until you read it as the last message in a thread. ))

that haven't been replied to yet.

I think all of us (( except the experts here )) have done it, we hit save twice so we get the same message twice, or like I just did, rather than editing my message I replied to it -- stup!!

It sure would be nice to be able to correct these ourselves ....

Good idea in theory, however imagine some member who has posted 10000 posts has an arguement with them and decides to delete, gets to 3000 before staff see whats goin on. Then ya have chaos LOL

EDIT: The double post issues should no longer be much of an issue anymore anyways to be honest due to the speed of the server which Im constantly watching and improving on lately.

Either I'm not seeing what you are or you're missing my point. If a member has 10,000 posted message in various threads then 9,999 of them would be sacrosanct by the definition I've suggested. I'm only suggesting - and I'll let it die with this post - that a users be allowed to delete their own last post in a thread, to correct obvious screw ups.

Either I'm not seeing what you are or you're missing my point. If a member has 10,000 posted message in various threads then 9,999 of them would be sacrosanct by the definition I've suggested. I'm only suggesting - and I'll let it die with this post - that a users be allowed to delete their own last post in a thread, to correct obvious screw ups.

I think you have missed what we are saying Al soz m8

In the past we have had and will not have again problems with members being able to edit or delete there own threads or posts, we can understand what you are saying yes it would be nice to go back and edit a typo or remove a repeated post but members can not be trusted ( sorry to say ) to use it for just that purpose and we like to have a reference to go back to and moderate as we see fit.

Hope you understand and like Sparks said if you do see something thing you need deleting or editing we are only to pleased to help just use the report button :)

Could just as easy edit what you say ;)

All edits are recorded ;) We sadly had to install that as we had problems in the past where people would edit their message empty when they found others didn't shared their opinion in discussions. Now throw in the ability to remove your own message and the chaos is complete. Hence deleting something is a decision made by the staff and nobody else. Reporting said message is currently the best option.

Actually I get what your sayin now ...... Ability to remove only the last post you have done?

All edits are recorded ;) We sadly had to install that as we had problems in the past where people would edit their message empty when they found others didn't shared their opinion in discussions. Now throw in the ability to remove your own message and the chaos is complete. Hence deleting something is a decision made by the staff and nobody else. Reporting said message is currently the best option.

Ahhhhhhh ;) that fills in the jigsaw of life that is why :P

Actually I get what your sayin now ...... Ability to remove only the last post you have done?

Now you got it!! << LOL!! >> No, I'm not advocating that a user be able to delete any and/or all of their messages - I've seen a forum where a user asked to have all their message deleted and the logical mess that of the threads was unreadable.

Simply the ability to remove the last message they posted, as long as no-one has replied to it, is what I had in mind.

Now you got it!! << LOL!! >> No, I'm not advocating that a user be able to delete any and/or all of their messages - I've seen a forum where a user asked to have all their message deleted and the logical mess that of the threads was unreadable.

Simply the ability to remove the last message they posted, as long as no-one has replied to it, is what I had in mind.

Can understand the point of view, however in all honesty the reality is there are 11 members of staff on the forum. The chances of someone not being there to remove are very very minimal, and getting in touch with someone online has never been easier considering the chatbar that we now have too