Help, I think im allergic to my new puppy!

Kelly Myny

I'm allergic to dogs but seem to be ok with huskies :) but when they are pups that can start my allergy as well.. Any anti-histomine that you take for hayfever should also work with an allergy to dogs... hope its not the pup and you manage to sort it out..

Have you had dogs before ???

My husband is allergic to our dogs. We manage by having him take an antihistamine and keeping the house extremely clean (although our dogs are mostly outdoors, occasionally they come inside and chill with us). Also, a hepa filter was really helpful for us.

This is so unusual with a husky I have to ask a few questions.

Did he recently get a bath, either at the breeders before you got him or did you bathe him? Thinking in terms of an allergy to the shampoo.

How old is he and have either you or the breeder used any anti-flea drops?

Can you think of anything else that you might be using, different from normal, that relates to the dog??

Liz says that an allergy can develop with a pup, but I don't think I've seen any references to allergies to grown dogs - and if you're not allergic to the lab, which normally has considerable more dander than a Husky, I'd really be surprised if it were, in fact, the pup.

I'll agree with the anti-histamines and see if your allergies decrease over time. Good luck!!