Zeeva won't eat :'-c

Smokey

Zeeva, my white GSD, won't eat. Yesterday she ate her morning meal very slowly and unwillingly. Then her night meal I took away from her because she wouldn't eat it. I tried feeding her again 20 minutes later. Took it away again and tried again 10-15 minutes later and nothing :( I left it out for awhile and she wouldn't let Smokey near it (growling, baring teeth; she has always been a bit possessive of her food but only toward Smokey) until I finally put it back. She went poopy with what may have seemed to me like a LITTLE bit of constipation yesterday right before she unwillingly ate.

This afternoon she will smell her food and walk away. She was fine on our walks yesterday (very vivacious as always). I haven't take her out yet but she seems a bit lethargic (I don't know if it's the noon nap time playing a role or just her). I woke her up to ask her to eat. I tried putting cheese in it to make it more appealing and she just smells it and walks away.

I've pressed her tummy (even though I don't know what I'm pressing for) and she doesn't have any pain. I checked her mouth. Am guessing she might have a mouth sore since I brushed her teeth about a week (?) ago with doggy paste and a toothbrush but I can't see one...

Does anyone know why she might be behaving like this? Don't worry, I will schedual a vet appointment but does she have to be seen today or can we wait till tomorrow???

Zeeva is about 2 years old. She is spayed (do they still come into season when spayed? I've never really experienced this and don't understand it at all :(). As of yesterday she has been drinking water just fine. When we came back from our walk she drank water. BUT when she was eating yesterday she would take a break and drink water then begin eating again. Weather has been warmer than usual...

Is she drinking ok? Is the weather cooler than normal there? Is she maybe coming up on a coat blow? Diesel goes off his food like Kiana does when he's coming up on a blow or when the weather is all over the place like it is atm. I hope you get to the bottom of it regardless it's always worrying when they change their behavior like that :(

It's probably just an upset stomach, but keep an eye on her, and if her behavior otherwise concerns you, take her in for an exam to see what's up. Once spayed, no, they won't come in season. When they spay, they remove ovaries and uterus, so all the hormones are gone, and with no ovaries, no eggs can be released, so that won't be a factor.

Zeeva's apatite is back. But she has diarrhea now :( any suggestion? Could it have been a switch in food? I switched gradually (over the course of a week and a half but now she won't eat her new food at all so i switched her back to her old blue buffalo). I also recall her licking a little bit of raw meat someone had thrown out (who the eff does that btw?!) so maybe that caused her loss in apatite (a bug?). She's been behaving completely normally and wants to eat a lot but I limit her intake due to her diarrhea. Will this go away on it's own with time as her apatite came back? She has no vomiting, is drinking normally etc...Just worried about her stools...

Any more suggestions???

Zeeva's apatite is back. But she has diarrhea now :( any suggestion? Could it have been a switch in food? I switched gradually (over the course of a week and a half but now she won't eat her new food at all so i switched her back to her old blue buffalo). I also recall her licking a little bit of raw meat someone had thrown out (who the eff does that btw?!) so maybe that caused her loss in apatite (a bug?). She's been behaving completely normally and wants to eat a lot but I limit her intake due to her diarrhea. Will this go away on it's own with time as her apatite came back? She has no vomiting, is drinking normally etc...Just worried about her stools...

Any more suggestions???

I noticed you mentioned it had been warmer than usual. How warm is it, when have you been walking them, seems to me she could have a bit of heat stroke, the lethargy, off food but drinking fine and now diarrhoea all signs of heatstroke. I think if you keep her out of the sun for a while and as long as she's drinking she should be fine in a few days

I noticed you mentioned it had been warmer than usual. How warm is it, when have you been walking them, seems to me she could have a bit of heat stroke, the lethargy, off food but drinking fine and now diarrhoea all signs of heatstroke. I think if you keep her out of the sun for a while and as long as she's drinking she should be fine in a few days

wow you're absolutely right. i had been walking her a lot since the weather is nice (a bit warm for the dogs though probably in the upper 60s or 70s) and she was always tired after a walk. i didn't think much of it but thanks!!! i will research it!

wow you're absolutely right. i had been walking her a lot since the weather is nice (a bit warm for the dogs though probably in the upper 60s or 70s) and she was always tired after a walk. i didn't think much of it but thanks!!! i will research it!

Glad I could help, when we get it warm here I work round it by walking at the cooler ends of the day