Question of tuna lol

MammaMia

I was advised to give my dogs a tin of ordinary tuna once a week for healthy coat, eyes etc. I have been doing this for a while and my Mia has such a silky sleek coat now. Has anyone else tried this? If not I would definitely give it a go I found it worked a treat.

I mentioned before that I rescued my old dog (sadly passed now) he was so scruffy. He was never walked, fed properly or even ever seen a comb. After just 3 weeks of doing this- as well as many baths and MANY combing sessions- he had such a difference in his general look and seemed a lot healthier! It also seemed to help the "coat blowing" periods a lot easier and quicker.

What's everyone's opinion on this?

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?lnkv5t

I read that, in general, fish oil is supposed to help keep the coat healthy and shiny/smooth!

I'd avoid any canned fish, though, as they tend to have a lot of salt which is bad for dogs.

I swear by it!! I usually give her the tuna in oil. The brine is very salty!! Lol another plus is the fact they will love you even more for it!! Mia LOVES fish lol!

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?i11s5r

Type of oil? :P

The sardines are usually in olive oil , sometimes sunflower oil, and i allways drain the tin so its not swimming in oil , we get ours from sainsburys 59p a tin the tuna is in spring water and the salmon im not sure i think its in its own juice .they dont have salmon or tuna so often but sardines mostly every day mixed in with there kibble.