ur funny abilities =P

mydiamond

1) I am able to twist and bend my tongue to imitate almost any kind of accent :cool: I really don't know how LOL but I do love learning languages :D the only accent I can't imitate is Diamond's WooWoo Language :rolleyes:

Can you imitate a southern American accent? We are quite unique you know :P

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spent a few months at Camp Shelby, Mississippi and most of the people barely had accents >_<

And that's coming from someone from Michigan, in the northeastern area of the US that linguistics consider the "accent-less" area of the english speaking world.

Though I have trouble accepting that considering to anyone who is used to hearing a different manner of speaking, I'm sure I have an "accent"... one of my friends in the UK insists that I don't have an accent and that I speak "boring" :(

Then I break out the german with the northern German accent and rectify the situation.

I spent a few months at Camp Shelby, Mississippi and most of the people barely had accents >_<

And that's coming from someone from Michigan, in the northeastern area of the US that linguistics consider the "accent-less" area of the english speaking world.

Though I have trouble accepting that considering to anyone who is used to hearing a different manner of speaking, I'm sure I have an "accent"... one of my friends in the UK insists that I don't have an accent and that I speak "boring" :(

Then I break out the german with the northern German accent and rectify the situation.

I went to MN a few years ago and i'll just say it was an experience! everyone wanted to hear me talk. I get comments on my accent down here in the south. ;) I can't hide the twang. haha. And actually my mother is "accent-less". It's very unusual to hear her speak.

I went to MN a few years ago and i'll just say it was an experience! everyone wanted to hear me talk. I get comments on my accent down here in the south. ;) I can't hide the twang. haha. And actually my mother is "accent-less". It's very unusual to hear her speak.

To be fair, there is a friend from Ypsilanti, Michigan I know. And he has a full on Texan accent, but has never lived out of the state. He's a character, but may have gotten it spending time with southerners overseas? I haven't asked him about that possibility.

To be fair, there is a friend from Ypsilanti, Michigan I know. And he has a full on Texan accent, but has never lived out of the state. He's a character, but may have gotten it spending time with southerners overseas? I haven't asked him about that possibility.

That's def. a possibility. Every time I go visit my family in Alabama I swear I sound 100x more redneck. LOL My accent has also gotten worse since I moved from Memphis, TN to Southaven, MS. Everybody in Southaven is just a "little bit" more southern and my accent reflects that. I've always drug my words out though, that's the first give away that i'm from the south.

I lived in the south where there were almost no accents, Florida! Lol, not the true south :P

Edit: Come to think of it, it is probably all the snow birds from places like Michigan that go there that get rid of any southern accents :D

Lol you're right. To me, I'd say you have a northern accent.. XD

Sent from my Android tablet using Tapatalk Purple

can't imitate an accent I have never heard... But if I spend 1-2 hours with no one else but Southern American people, I know I can ;)

Strangely my son was talking about something similar today. Apparently being able to roll your tongue, touch your nose with your tongue, wiggle your ears, shake your eyes and independently raise your eyebrows is connected to genetics :/

My son must be a real weirdo as he can shake his eyes, touch his nose with/roll his tongue. I can only roll my tongue but can move each eyebrow independently ( roger Moore style)

I also sit in a strange position, although as I get older it's gotten more painful on the hips lol

Hmm, I can move my eyes independently of eachother, as in 1 moves while the other is stationary. And I can wiggle my ears... but I thought that was just because those muscles learned how to move that may, similar to the way you learn to walk, however it's harder to teach since the muscles involved are usually involuntary without much stimulus, unlike our legs.

i call all soft drinks by their brand name. pepsi, coke, mt dew, dr pepper... etc lol we all pretty much say it that way. around here at least lol. my favorite redneck word is artichoke. man i artichoke you for breaking my table! (for those who are lost, it means i ought to choke you lol) and also....

man: jeet chet? / man: did you eat yet?

woman: naw, yont to? / woman: no, you want to?

man: aight / man: alright

i call all soft drinks by their brand name. pepsi, coke, mt dew, dr pepper... etc lol we all pretty much say it that way. around here at least lol. my favorite redneck word is artichoke. man i artichoke you for breaking my table! (for those who are lost, it means i ought to choke you lol) and also....

man: jeet chet? / man: did you eat yet?

woman: naw, yont to? / woman: no, you want to?

man: aight / man: alright

Bahaha! I'm in Canada and me and a friend used to say that do each other when we got out of a university class every. Single. Time. And you know what? It never got old. EVER.