Am I being unreasonable?.....

grumps

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was refraining from replying last night as I kind of hoped I would wake and find it was some sort of bizzarre dream, but alas, no. But still, this morning I'm at least chuckling about the sheer cheek of it and wondering how she'd feel if she caught me letting Nikita into her back garden for a dump, seeing as its fine for her cats to do this in my garden. Oh well, will have to chalk this one down to experience. lol, some people.

Grumps are you sure she is not a stalker from Dover.:doglaugh:.................Ron

Ha ha ha, that doesn't sound too far fetched for some of the people I know down there.:lolman:, i'll maybe send her to see your neighbours, sounds like they're both cut from the same cloth.

I believe cats are classed as wild animals in the UK and as such are allowed to roam freely. This doesn't give the owner the right to request that you keep your dogs out of your own garden so that he cat can use it. I would suggest to the neighbour that if they are so concerned about the cats welfare they should keep it indoors. Cats regularly come through our garden whether Polee is out there or not and occasionally she will chase them.

I believe cats are classed as wild animals in the UK and as such are allowed to roam freely. This doesn't give the owner the right to request that you keep your dogs out of your own garden so that he cat can use it. I would suggest to the neighbour that if they are so concerned about the cats welfare they should keep it indoors. Cats regularly come through our garden whether Polee is out there or not and occasionally she will chase them.

I'm of the opinion that i'm just as likely to keep my dog in the house at all times as I am stop my children playing outside. The cats are just going to have to revise their boundaries. Of course, I'll do the responsible thing and take care not to let the dog out without checking first, (and thats for my peace of mind, not hers), but its my garden for my family and ergo I dont feel the need to find anyone elses approval.

Just had one of my neighbours at the door requesting that I don't allow my dog into MY garden because her cats come through it too often... I was stood with my mouth open and eyebrows so high they actually hovered over my head. When eventually I realised it was a serious request and not a bad joke I was actually speechless (which isn't like me at all). I'm afraid I offered some choice advice on how to keep her cat safe and shut the door in her face before I really lost it. Am I wrong in thinking her cats will be putting themselves at risk for wandering through or do I have a warped set of values for believing my garden, my dog my choice???

we used to have cats go through our garden before we got dogs, they learn to avoid the area because of the smells. next time offer them this statement....if your cat is too stupid to realise there are dogs in MY back garden then thats there fault not mine lol.....i cant believe some people :wtf:

Oh wow, I'm gobsmacked myself so goodness knows how you must feel lol I've never heard anything so ridiculous. I have an outside cat and an inside one. George, the outside one is perfectly capable of negotiating the gardens either side of ours that contain, two poodles, three rotties and a pomeranian. If he's daft enough to enter a garden when a dog is in it then on his head be it, much as a love him. And as has been mentioned if she's concerned for her cats safety keep it in the house, that's what I do with Li-Lu.

I imagine someone somewhere has informed her huskies are cat chasers?

I love cats and if my son wasn't allergic we would still have cats in our home (not allergic to fluffy huskies go figure!)

When we moved here we had no animals and our garden quickly became the dumping ground for the local cats, we always had a litter tray (which they did use) primarily to keep them off ours and other peoples gardens, cats are quite happy to use it if its kept clean and a little consideration doesn't hurt.

I think its lovely Grumps that you check your garden first before you let your little one out. That is real consideration but that is as far as it needs to go.

When we first had Akuma the neighbours cat (a really old girl) had trouble relinquishing her territory and i had to chase her out a few times, once resorting to throwing water on her, she sure did learn to move fast for an old lady once she met Akuma! If it had been any other husky she'd have been doggy dinner.

I'm still :o at your neighbour, and to think i always said when i moved down here how much i missed the frienliness of scottish neighbours!

........:confused:

On the other hand if it is a concern for YOU they have planets and stuff you can put around your yard that will deter them if YOU feel it is necessary.

And which planets would that be? I know that if I go laying Mars about in the garden I would be attracting far more than desired.

lolol soz couldn't resist.

The funny part is that as my dog hasn't had her second jab yet at the moment she only goes in the garden after meals on a lead, where we take her to the corner we want her to do her business. Of course once she's had her jabs the garden is her oyster so to speak. I can only presume this is when the neighbour has realised we now have a dog. Oh well, I feel better about it after my sleep last night- I think i'll just look forward to a new day and see what comes my way, it all balances out in the end.

May I also add, I don't see any reason why you should even consider spending money attempting to keep someone elses cat out of your garden. I would warrant the cat has more brains than it's owner and avoids your garden when your husky is outside

May I also add, I don't see any reason why you should even consider spending money attempting to keep someone elses cat out of your garden. I would warrant the cat has more brains than it's owner and avoids your garden when your husky is outside

Ha ha, yes, i'd also warrant that the cats are somewhat less "challenged" than the owner.

:wtf::jawdrop: the sheer cheek of it!!

My word some people!

If a cat comes into my garden well.... it had better be able to run FAST!!!

And you say your pup is still young?

AHAHAHAHAHA

Fool on her then, just wait till yours is fully grown pmsl :doglaugh:

LOL, sorry but that neighbor takes the cake. Lucky where I live all my neighbors are great, but for your safety please make sure you have a 'Beware of Dogs' sign, because the law is sometimes just plain stupid. I knew a person who got sued because his dog bit a person's leg and that person was trying to rob the house. Not sure if the same laws apply to your country but it couldn't hurt to look around. LOL, your story stills cracks me up, cannot believe the nerve of some people.

LOL, sorry but that neighbor takes the cake. Lucky where I live all my neighbors are great, but for your safety please make sure you have a 'Beware of Dogs' sign, because the law is sometimes just plain stupid. I knew a person who got sued because his dog bit a person's leg and that person was trying to rob the house. Not sure if the same laws apply to your country but it couldn't hurt to look around. LOL, your story stills cracks me up, cannot believe the nerve of some people.

now thats just insane, sued for the dog biting a robber???.... you're not wrong about the law being plain stupid.

wow LOL what the victim is going to say at the court? "I was just doing my job and this dog suddenly bit me"? Hilarious. The law is such a bad joke =\

But still, this morning I'm at least chuckling about the sheer cheek of it and wondering how she'd feel if she caught me letting Nikita into her back garden for a dump, seeing as its fine for her cats to do this in my garden.

LMAO! You should totally ask her that if she confronts you again!

The funny part is that as my dog hasn't had her second jab yet at the moment she only goes in the garden after meals on a lead, where we take her to the corner we want her to do her business. Of course once she's had her jabs the garden is her oyster so to speak. I can only presume this is when the neighbour has realised we now have a dog. Oh well, I feel better about it after my sleep last night- I think i'll just look forward to a new day and see what comes my way, it all balances out in the end.

Oh wow, she's getting that worked up over your dog who is still a puppy?! This be how slow I am - because she's clearly right there in your avatar, but I still never thought of her as a young pup!

LOL, maybe she's just trying to train you from the getgo. *shakes head* Cat people are a strange lot. My blue heeler/collie cross once chased a cat when we were riding by a rural subdivision. She stopped the moment I called her off, but the lady ran out and yelled at me for having a dog that would chase a cat. (?) I told her if she didn't want her cat eaten by foxes or coyotes she should keep it inside anyway. She insisted her cat is smarter than that. :erm:

I love cats and if my son wasn't allergic we would still have cats in our home (not allergic to fluffy huskies go figure!)

I'm still :eek: at your neighbour, and to think i always said when i moved down here how much i missed the frienliness of scottish neighbours!

I think maybe because i'm English, lol, they've never forgiven us . ha ha