How do you keep your car clean?

Neiman1

Like the title says, how do you keep your car clean when your husky rides with you. I have a real problem with keeping the fur under control in my SUV. I think this could be because I let him let on the seats and then the hair just goes everywhere. What do you guys do?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With great difficulty??!!

But seriously. They travel in the boot which despite our best attempts is very "doggy" the upholstery is leather do its not such a problem in the main of the car. My daughters bf's car is full of hair but it's never had a dog in it! It migrates there on clothing and shoes

I find that lint rollers don't help at all. Here's what I found that really helps:

1. Mix 1/2 water and 1/2 liquid fabric softener in a spray bottle.

2. Spray the fur with this new solution; only do spots at a time or else it'll dry up and then you'll just have to spray it again. Note: Don't completely soak the fur or it won't work as well.

3. Using a rubber glove (that preferably has 'knobs' on it for grip), wipe the wet fur using a circular motion. Push down hard and the fur should start to 'magically' congregate around your fingers. Once you have enough, then put the fur outside (assuming you're cleaning your car outside), and repeat.

[Note: Only tested on fabrics, like car seats and couches, so if you have a leather interior then I'm not sure if it'll work)

Yeah, it's time consuming doing it that way...the trick is the upkeep or else the fur will sort of 'weave' itself together and create a whole layer by itself!

I found it was the best way to get the fur out of my car's fabric interior (works on the carpets, too!) and out of couches; better than a high-powered shop vacuum!

I also keep mine in the cargo space of my Jeep with a gate to keep them from jumping over the seat. Keeps the rest of the vehicle pretty clean.

For the truck they have to travel in the back seat, so we put the seats down (straight metal on the other side) and a blanket or cover over to make it more comfortable for them.

Other than that, a lint roller in the glove box (to clean yourself off when you get out!) and more frequent vacuuming and detailing.

If you're taking a long trip (or even any time you take them if so inclined) give them a good brushing the day before, regardless of whether it's shedding season or not.

Like the title says, how do you keep your car clean when your husky rides with you. I have a real problem with keeping the fur under control in my SUV. I think this could be because I let him let on the seats and then the hair just goes everywhere. What do you guys do?

nothing!!!

NOthing we can do so just go with it!

ours go in the boot....but we have two cut offs of carpet that we have lining the boot which are easierly removed for when the dogs arent in the boot, or for houvering. we found that the lining in the booot is really difficult to get the hair out of where as the carpet, it just lifts off....along with any dry mud. :)

I don't.

Me car, her car! (And no one else's 'cause no one will ride in it! LOL)

My car is a 2002 Impala with over 220,000 miles on it. OH wanted to buy me a newer one, but that meant I'd have to clean it everytime my girl rode with me anywhere.....Nope! Not interested! I have more fun things to do with my time!!!! I'll vac it out when the weather gets a bit nicer and we'll be good again until the spirit moves me to vac it out (usually just twice a year). Sounds kinda gross to most of you, but after 17 years with huskies, I've stopped fighting the fur. No outfit is complete without husky fur!

It's getting pretty deep and the nose prints on the window are getting thick too.......

Funny thing is, I'm kinda anal about my house though.....

I use a sheet on th back seat of my car. That works pretty well. The car my dogs ride in most is a cheap, beater, spare car. They rarely are in my newer, nicer, truck.

My back seats fold down, I tuck the sheet in there, and then tuck it under the seat. It stays in place very well, and helps reduce the mud and fur in the car.

It's getting pretty deep and the nose prints on the window are getting thick too.......

LMAO! That's our biggest problem! The back window is so thick with nose prints that you can hardly see through it, and each day I look in the rearview and say "as soon as I get home I'm coming back out and cleaning the windows!" And as soon as I get in the house - I forget!!!