Silly question about drawing

Nadine Martin

I tried to draw Kai the other day, and i'm not the best drawer in the world.. =[, but i really enjoy drawing so wanted to do it some more, but i just wondered if anybody here who is into art had some advice on how to draw hair/fur..as i found it quite difficult. many thanks

I know you are going to hate me for this but. . . .

practice, practice, practice.

work from a good quality photo.

put it on your PC and zoom in when you need to work on detail.

It's all about hand / eye / brain co-ordination.

Like juggling the first time you try it you drop the balls.

but with practice you get more fluid and drop them less often.

Same with drawing.

the more you do it the better your hand / eye co-ordination gets and so the better you get at putting accurately

on paper what you see with your eyes.

Work the drawing up with very light strokes.

start with simple shapes to get a rough shape of what you are drawing

then go back and add more detail and refine the shape.

As the image develops you decide on what you want to focus on and bring out in the picture.

I'd help if I could but here is my best rendition of my GSD...LOL...there are plenty on here who are amazing drawers Andy is one of them that I've seen recently...

62817_151218911584091_100000879497457_232285_7023016_n.jpg

Awwww Fanx :)

Like you I've also had issues drawing the fur. I looked up a pic of a husky with an easier to draw fur pattern and came up with this

02383999.jpg

As you can see, I'm not the best artist, lol. I think it all comes down to practice and experimentation.

i have a kindergardener thought. could you put squares on the image and then the same squares on a blank page (erasable) and work this way??? you know what i'm talking about? i think they're called Elkonin Boxes...

yep that really helps to get the proportions right. :up:

Like you I've also had issues drawing the fur. I looked up a pic of a husky with an easier to draw fur pattern and came up with this

02383999.jpg

As you can see, I'm not the best artist, lol. I think it all comes down to practice and experimentation.

Awww i like it :). I have no idea how people do digital art it confuses me!

i have a kindergardener thought. could you put squares on the image and then the same squares on a blank page (erasable) and work this way??? you know what i'm talking about? i think they're called Elkonin Boxes...

That's a good idea actually, i didn't really think of that, i just try and guess where things will be lol!