she isnt eating ?

sharon day

she semms happy in her self still playing still wet nose just not eating ? any ideas ? just need to say she has been in her first season for about a week now could this have something to do with it ?

If she's happy and healthy in every other respect I'm inclined to agree with you on her being in season and being off her food. When Safi had her first season she didn't eat for five days and wouldn't stay in her crate at night. We just happened to be away on Hol in Scotland and I spent the week sleeping on the smallest couch possible because she just howled if I left her alone.

When my little girl Juneau went into heat for the first time she went off her food too...she seemed to be her normal, happy self just not into her food. She was also very clingy and her separation anxiety ramped up again....the off the food for us only lasted a couple of days..

Blue is a neutered male and he'll go off his food all the time. He's just a brat. He'll not eat for several in hopes that he'll get snacks instead, or just because he doesnt feel like. It canbe common with huskies. If you get worried, its its been several days, try mixing in some meat juice, or ketchup into the food, makes it more inticing.