new gf hates dog

Aya

Hi all, my new gf (not really a gf yet, just 'seeing' really) hates my dog, I think she's jealous cause I spend my free time with Aya (I'm quite busy, so not much free time in my life so I REALLY want to spend any time I can with Aya - she always brightens my day), LATERS TO THE GF? what do you guys think? And do not even suggests getting rid of Aya cause that ain't happening ....

post-6837-13586025071371_thumb.jpg

post-6837-13586025075212_thumb.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

um well it depends on how much you like her.

However Aya was here first. And Aya needs your attention and company.

Personally Id ditch the gf!

If she knew you had a dog then she should accept it tbh.

overall your decision and I believe you have made up your mind already, you just want some reassurance its the right thing.

Hi all, my new gf (not really a gf yet, just 'seeing' really) hates my dog, I think she's jealous cause I spend my free time with Aya (I'm quite busy, so not much free time in my life so I REALLY want to spend any time I can with Aya - she always brightens my day), LATERS TO THE GF? what do you guys think? And do not even suggests getting rid of Aya cause that ain't happening ....

Wow, she doesn't really know you well does she. If she's already stated she doesn't like Aya it's a bit of a non starter. Personally, you come as a package if she's not willing to accept that you may have to find someone who does :)

Love me love my dogs

get rid of the woman or just keep her for a bit of fun ;)

oi :angry1: as a woman I'm against that last part >_< so I guess I would vote for explaining to her that you're not her son and you will NOT do as she says, and... Wait wait that's wasting too much time. Tell her you love Aya more than her? :P

EDIT: to make a long story short, get away from the witch :P

Guess that depends on how much you like her. If you really do like her then you need to try and work this out. Perhaps she feels second best and a bit threatened by Aya ( pretty silly but possible). If she's just someone you're kind of seeing but not really into, then "see ya later".

Take an ad out in the local paper. . . .

"I have a gorgeous Husky.

Who want's to be my girlfriend ???"

You'll have them queueing around the block. :P

oi :angry1: as a woman I'm against that last part >_< so I guess I would vote for explaining to her that you're not her son and you will NOT do as she says, and... Wait wait that's wasting too much time. Tell her you love Aya more than her? :P

EDIT: to make a long story short, get away from the witch :P

:monkeydance::monkeydance::monkeydance::monkeydance::monkeydance:

in all honesty, I couldn't believe a girl that truly likes you would even tell you that. Sorry to say this, hope no one shouted at me.. But it sounds like she doesn't really liked you that much =\ even if this is not about your dog, but if she directly tell you she doesn't like a part of you (for example ur family) then IMO it's time to walk away =\ sounds like a possessive princess that thinks the world is hers tbh :confused:

again, sorry if I sound nosey x_x just saying, because I don't like to see anyone being hurt .___. yep, I'm that naive

get rid of the woman or just keep her for a bit of fun ;)

hahaha yeah definitely.

Take an ad out in the local paper. . . .

"I have a gorgeous Husky.

Who want's to be my girlfriend ???"

You'll have them queueing around the block. :P

LOL. No need for this - I walk Aya twice a day and hot girls/mums are literally on me cause of Aya's beautiful face. And she doesn't hate Aya she just keeps nagging me about spending more time with her, telling me to leave Aya outside but I told her Aya is a house dog.

overall your decision and I believe you have made up your mind already, you just want some reassurance its the right thing.

100% right on this one, I just didn't want to sound like a douche or a dickhead (excuse the language) for dumping a girl over a dog - my friends will think I'm stupid cause she's really nice and she's quite pretty too - but yeah she's bye bye for all I care, not much room in my life for a gf atm anyway. thanks for quick response all.

Maybe get rid of the girlfriend! Just kidding.

Granted, she doesn't have to love Aya, but I don't think it's very appropriate to tell a person you've basically just met that you hate their dog. I am sure you can reach a compromise, sure, she doesn't have to love Aya like you do, but surely she can make an effort to tolerate her if she likes you that much.

After all, your dog is part of your family. And you wouldn't tell somebody that you hate their parents or suggest to get rid of them... so why would you do that with their dog?

Has she spent any time with Aya? Personally, my OH and I are together partially because of our love of dogs. The first time he came to my home my pack loved him...and we have the pack we do now because he was so in love with my Stormy girl. I'd say take Aya to a dog park and meet a single girl with a husky....I think there's plenty of them on here, and your problem will be solved. :duh:

If gf is jealous of Aya, who is a dog, it makes me think that you will find other issues later on with you spending times with your friends or chatting to other girls. Sounds to me like gf has an over possessive personality which is not a good thing in any relationship. As the saying goes there is always more than one apple on a tree. Some have maggots in them, but many don't.

after reading comments you should change your title as it seems your gf likes the dog but wants to spend more time with you. tbh she has a fair point if your spending more time with the dog then she will get upset so you should be doing activities that inc both of them that way everyone is happy