new gf hates dog

Aya

Keep whatever makes you the happiest - which at the moment sounds like Aya ;)

In our cat shelter we get a lot of people bringing back their cat because their new girlfriend doesn't like them. We always reply with "Wouldn't it less of a hassle to just put your girlfriend up for adoption?" :whistling:

Don't worry about being without a girlfriend. The right one that loves you AND your dog is already out there somewhere. You only just need to find her ;)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

after reading comments you should change your title as it seems your gf likes the dog but wants to spend more time with you. tbh she has a fair point if your spending more time with the dog then she will get upset so you should be doing activities that inc both of them that way everyone is happy

I try to include her in everything I do with Aya, that way Aya knows she is important as well, but she chooses not to participate (that's why I think she might dislike - sorry hate was a strong word - Aya). I asked her to come training, go for walks, sit and watch tv etc... I'm really busy with full-time work and full-time university so whenever I am at home I spend every minute with family (and Aya is family) so she is with me all the time - asleep, doing studies, watching tv, eating, going for walks etc... and the gf comes over and demands Aya go away, so it's just the two of us. And I'm not selfish, sometimes I'll tell Aya to go outside, but not always - as I've said Aya is a house-dog. It might be just me but this girl is just too clingy - we've only been dating for about a month. I'm not going to make any rash decisions, but if it's her or Aya, its definitely 100% her that's gotta go.

I wouldn't even be trying to include her blah de blah its setting the scene for your future here, if you were to end up with her for any length of time that is. can you imagine what would come next...gf doesnt like your friends, gf doesnt like you going out, gf doesnt like your family, gf doesnt like where you work, to finally gf doesnt like you breathing !!! this is easie peasie to answer..........bin her!!! thats my opinion anyway :D

LOL!!! Aya, I sure wish you'd done this as a poll!! I think it would have been a landslide:

Aya: 99.99%

GF: 0.01%

I think that .01% is called giving her the benefit of the doubt. Sorry if I sound like I'm making light of your situation (( which I am )), but asking a bunch of Husky owners which way they'd go --- uh, what'd you expect??? :)

Hi all, my new gf (not really a gf yet, just 'seeing' really) hates my dog, I think she's jealous cause I spend my free time with Aya (I'm quite busy, so not much free time in my life so I REALLY want to spend any time I can with Aya - she always brightens my day), LATERS TO THE GF? what do you guys think? And do not even suggests getting rid of Aya cause that ain't happening ....

Have some fun with this..........

Tell her Aya really doesn't care for HER. Then, bid her goodbye!